1. Modern Elf

Yeah, so.

I wondered how Elves would look in todays time.

I took inspiration from Arwen Undómiel from the Lord of the Rings

Even though I wasn't able to catch her etheral beauty as well as I'd liked to

The hair is in a braid, because if you're doing sports or something, heck, even if you're doing nothing it will become one hell of a knot. (K)Not nice.
I still left in the pointy ears, which I just usually connect with elves (even though (at least in Tolkiens works) it is never stated that elves have these pointy ears... interesting)

For the clothing I went with a dark green tunic-ish looking shirt, it is supposed to be a light fabric that flows and follows your movement, but that didn't really work X]
The green represents the fact that many elves live in a wood/woodland area, and maybe it also is her favorite colour. ;P
Grey jeans fit in the overall colour-sceme, and are practical enough to go for a quick jog or something else where you need to move.
And I just liked the sneakers.

With the books it's like this:
I thought since elves are pretty much always portrayed as these ancient old, knowledgeable beings of the forest, that modern elves would read everything they could get their hands on from a young age on, but on like every topic. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Thriller, Romance, Science, History, you name it. (My elf is maybe 17, 18 in human years I think)
I took some inspiration from my own bookshelf, but others are just "made up" in the sense I have no idea what books those could be.

I did the entire thing first (including colouration) with aquarelles, but since my potato camera just said "no" to this one, I redid it with Paint 3D... yeah I with I was kidding as well. The shading might look a little wonky, but since I only have one layer, I have to set limits with how much I want to do and how much of my sanity I want to sacrifice. But: you can use whatever material you have to make art. Even with Microsoft Paint 3D. (not sponsored)

And that's it essentially!

I hope you like it, leave your thoughts in a comment (constructive criticism is welcome!), and we'll probably see us sooner or later.

Bye! :D