Chapter 1

Alyssa's POV.

I was in my last period of the day, Honors English, aka, hell. I tried to ignore the rude snorting and hollers in the opposite corner of the classroom. But there was one laughter I couldn't help but to listen to.

Shawn Mendes.

Shawn was perfect in my eyes. He was the football star quarterback. He could sing and play instruments. His hair was pushed back into a messy quiff, but seemed to always be sexy. His chocolate brown eyes were beautiful. His smile was absolutely charming. But here's the problem, he's dating the cheer captain, Alexia Kingston.

Alexia Kingston (n.) A rude, snobby girl who thinks she is absolutely perfect, but actually acts and dresses like a slut. Is known for bossing people around, and blowing the football players behind her boyfriends back.

Shawn is to dumbfounded to breakup with her. Her beach blonde hair and tanned skin was enough to make me gag. Nobody really liked her. But the football players liked her blowjobs.

"Okay everybody! So for the ending of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, I will be putting you into partners to act out a scene from the novel" Mrs Welford says. Everybody groans, but I keep silent. She calls names out, and then I hear mine. "Alyssa Fitzgerald, and Shawn Mendes."

My heart rate increased. I looked over at Shawn, who looked at me and smiled. I didn't smile back. I started to panic. What if I make a fool out of myself in front of him? Will he laugh at me and call me a name? No, I'm sure he wouldn't. He's a nice kind of popular. I don't know why he hangs out with Taylor Caniff, and Jack Gillinsky. The two biggest assholes in the school.

"I'll give you the remainder of the time to sort out ideas, have fun my dears!" Mrs Welford yelled. I stayed seated at my desk, then I smelt his cologne as he walked behind me, and then to the desk in front of me.

He turned around, "Hello."

"Hi" I say quietly.

"Can I ask you a question before we get started?" He asked. I nod softly.

"Why do you always got that sad look on your face?" Shawn asked. He knitted his brows together and put his elbows on my desk.

"It's just my face?" I say, more in a questioned tone.

"Well maybe I can make your face brighter, and happier" he suggested with a smile on his face.

"I doubt it" I wondered why one of the populars was talking to me. They like to make fun of the 'losers' and 'outcasts.'

"Give me 7 days."

"Deal."

____________

Short af but oh well. I know taylor and gillinsky aren't assholes, don't hate me.

I JUST REALIZED THIS IS JUST LIKE THE PROLOGUE WTF IM STUPID UGH