Chapter 8

Alyssa's POV.

Day 7.

It's been a full week. I have given Shawn 7 days, but what would happen tomorrow? Was he still going to sit with me at lunch? Text me? Hang out with me?

I sit up, seeing shawn on the couch asleep. I go to to my bathroom and brush my hair out. I wash my face and then go downstairs. I find a pizza in the freezer. And I smile to myself. I put it on the pan and then slide it into the oven. I let it cook. Meanwhile, I sit at the kitchen table and grabbed my phone. I open up instagram, and click on Shawn's page. He had so many followers. He had 20k..he says it's from YouTube. He uploaded covers and that's how he's known. He got so many likes on his photos. He even uploaded a photo of us, which caused me to gain two thousand.

I lock my phone when I hear footsteps coming from the stairs. I look up and see Shawn, shirtless with only sweats on. I couldn't help but to look at his well toned abs. He came to the bottom, and stretched, revealing his muscles that I couldn't stop looking at. He grinned when he saw me.

"What are you making?" He asked, looking at the oven.

"A pizza" I answer him with a small grin.

"Since today is day 7, I have things planned out" he winked at me. I knitted my brows together, but shook it off. The oven beeped and I grabbed a oven mitt. I pulled the pizza from the oven and sat it on the counter. I grabbed the pizza cutter and cut the pizza into slices. Shawn grabbed half the thing, causing me to laugh. I grabbed two pieces, and we sat down at the table and ate in silence.

~~

"What should I wear?" I asked Shawn. I rummaged through my clothes in the closet and sighed. Shawn walked over, and pulled out a cute top with black high waisted shorts with blue vans. I thanked him and let him shower. But I skipped the shower and went to put on my outfit. I curled my hair into thin curls, and put my makeup on light. I put on a necklace and perfume with deodorant. Shawn came out of the bathroom, fully clothed. His scent filled the room and I smiled.

"Let's take a picture" Shawn said. I nodded and we stepped in front of my body length mirror. He took the photo on his phone, and then uploaded it to instagram, he put the caption "her ☺️" and he tagged me in it. I liked it, and then we went downstairs. And I locked up the house, then we got into his car and he drove us to his house.

~~~

"The whole family is here!" Jack Johnson yelled. Jumping from the roof to the pool. I laughed at his craziness.

"Let's take a group picture!" I yelled. They agreed and I set my phone against the wall and set the time for 10sec. We ran into the picture and before the photo was took, shawn picked me up bridal style and cheesed so hard. I laughed and the photo took. I grabbed my phone and we looked at it. I looked..happy.

I put a white border around it and uploaded it to instagram, I put the caption, "my family >>>> yours" and I also tagged everybody in it. They all liked it, also a few from school and some of Shawn's supporters.

..

When the guys left, shawn grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs. We got into his bedroom and he shut the door behind him.

"I..Uh..I wrote a song about you" he said.

"Play it for me" I say. He nodded and grabbed his guitar. He strummed. Then sang.

"I watch your troubled eyes as you rest,
And I fall in love with every breath.
Wonder if those eyes are really shut,
And am I the one you're dreaming of?

"'Cause underneath the darkness
There's a light that's trying so hard to be seen.
And I know this 'cause I've noticed
A little bit shining through the seams.

"And if this is what it takes,
Then let me be the one to bear the pain.
Oh if this is what it takes
I'll break down these walls that are in our way,
If this is what it takes.

"You keep on telling me I'm wasting time,
But to call it wasting time oh that's a crime.
And you think it's crazy what I'm trying to do.
Well baby, I'm a fool for you.

"'Cause underneath the darkness
There's a light that's trying so hard to be seen.
And I know this 'cause I've noticed
A little bit shining through the seams.

"And if this is what it takes,
Then let me be the one to bear the pain.
Oh if this is what it takes
I'll break down these walls that are in our way,

"'Cause if you don't understand yet
Then I'll never let you forget
That you don't have to do this on your own.

"I'll be your shoulder to lean on.
I'll be your right when you feel wrong.
So come on, take my hand, we're moving on.

"And if this is what it takes,
Then let me be the one to bear the pain.
Oh and if this is what it takes,
Then I'll break down these walls,
These walls that are in our way.
If this is what it takes."

[ a/n: song is this if what it takes by Shawn Mendes ]

The tears just came out like a waterfall. I wiped them away and sobbed very ugly, "that what beautiful Shawn."

"That's not beautiful. You're beautiful. Everything about you is beautiful. I know you're feeling really dark and said but I know that you wanna let that brightness out. So let me help you break free. My goal was to get you smiling, and laughing more and I think I succeeded. So tell me how you feel" he says puts his guitar on the ground and pulls me on his lap.

I straddle him, "I'm feeling so lucky right now. I feel happy to be able to call you my best friend. I told myself that I didn't want to have feelings for you. I told myself not to like you. But I failed. I failed so hard."

"If you let me, I can love you like no other. I'll love you so much you'll feel like the only girl in the world. I don't know why everybody picks on you. You're so fucking gorgeous and perfect. Everything about you is perfect. Your eyes, hair, smile, laugh, teeth, body. Everything. I just wanna call you mine. Can I call you mine?" He says, our lips were just brushing off eachother.

"You can call me yours..as long as I can call you mine" I whisper.

He nods, "you're all mine baby."

He pushes our lips together and kissed me deeply, it was getting heated and then he pulled back, "Reason 7. Smile for moments like these. Smile for me. Smile because it makes me smile. Because it makes me happy. Because it makes me feel warm. Smile for this. Smile for us."

And so I did.

And all the darkness went away.

And out came the brightness.