The Dorm Room

Chapter One

Cassandra’s POV:

I woke up precisely at 8 in the morning finishing my packing for the big move in. I was always told by my Father that moving in day is a very important start of college. It got me settled and prepared for a very tough college year. I remember the moment when I got into Lakeview University because the last 6 generations of men in my family had gone there so I was practically guaranteed a place when I applied because of family connections. It was very important that whatever college I got into my best friend of a lifetime would be there. Tory is practically my sister considering I was born an only child. She had been with me since birth because our families are connected through money. So by pulling a few strings I was able to get her a spot at Lakeview as well. I go downstairs to the sound of my so-called great parents arguing.

“She will be fine at that school Florence, why can’t you ever trust me.” My father yelled at my mother while bringing bags out to the car.

“I don’t trust her being so far from school, not since what went down with derek.” Once I heard my mother yell that back that was when I went back upstairs to take a shower and let them fight out. As I turn on the water for the shower I get rushed with the memories of me and Derek.

-Flashback-

“Why can’t you tell me Cassandra?” Derek screamed at me while cornering me against a wall.

“I just can't, you would never understand.” I said while my voice is breaking from the emotions

“We would be fine if you weren't a secret keeping bitch.” He said as he backhanded my face. “Everybody is sick of your shit just so you know.” I cry as he says that to me.

“Get out derek” I scream back With tears rolling down my face

-End of Flashback-

That was the last time I talked to him. AS I think about the way he slapped me I hold my face. I shake off the memory and get in the shower knowing I have to hurry so I would get to the school on time.

—---------------------------

I finish packing the back of my car and then give hugs to both of my parents, knowing it would be the last I’ll see them until the end of the quarter. “Goodbye mom and dad, I’ll call you the minute I get there.”

“You know how much we wish to go but we have many meetings today.” my mom tells me and I nod my head knowing it's all bullshit. There is no business meeting, they just don’t really care enough.

“Good bye sweetheart, we'll miss you very much.” My father says as he goes in for a hug. After all the goodbyes I finally get in my car and drive away from the only home I've ever known. But I am plenty prepared for college life with my best friend Tory. If I'm lucky I might even get a chill roommate…hopefully.

I finally got there after the 2 hour long drive which had felt like forever. I began to bring boxes up to my dorm room and see my roommate has not yet arrived so I get first pick for beds which is always good. After unpacking my massive wardrobe into my tiny closet I can finally move onto decorating my half of the room to my liking. Just then she walked in, the bitch I had finally thought I got away from but not now she's my roommate. She walked in and the moment she saw me and I saw her we both instantly gave each other we rolled eyes. “What the hell are you doing here?” I said with plenty of attitude.

“I was just about to say the same.” She said back with the same unpleasant tone of voice. “No way in hell am I sharing a room with you.”

Maybe I should explain the bitch I’m about to throw out a window is Aveline Saintclair. My family and her family have not been so friendly. After one horrible business deal a few years ago that made the saintclair bloody rich I've hated her and her horrible ever since and she’s felt the same way back. I don;t even know how many times I've almost called out this bitch for her ways in the middle of the halls. When we went to highschool together, freshman year my horrible ex boyfriend outed her as a lesbian and that made some of the school love her and another half hate her for her “disgusting ways” I've never cared about it but she started to have a problem with me after that incident. “Your going to have to change rooms i've already unpacked” I tell her

“Bitch I'm not going anywhere” She responds then tells me “we're just going to have to deal with this.” I roll my eyes and then ignore her and finish decorating my walls.