update

I don't know how to start this without feeling like a total bitch -- especially since it's been like two months since the last time I updated Nemesis, but here we go.

I'm alive and well, no need to worry about my physical or mental health, but I had the biggest writer's block I've ever had – and I've been writing for years. I've stared at the page of chapter twenty-six so much in the past two months and I haven't been able to write something I liked once.

So as I sat there like a complete idiot, I thought about what I wanted to do with the story. I'm pretty sure I already said that in the past, but Nemesis was a story I started to write one night because I was bored, I didn't really think about the plot and what I wanted to do because I was so sure I'd get bored of it three chapters in and would never look at it again, but that's not what happened and I only now realize that I've fucked myself over.

I never – not even once – planned how the story was going to end, where I was going with it or even planned an arc for Nemesis, I just wrote what I felt like in the moment and posted it.

And with the help of Chapter 26 (honestly fuck this chapter), I realized that I had messed up, I have ideas for the chapter, but it doesn't make any sense because of stuff I wrote in earlier chapters, in chapters I didn't put any thoughts in. and now here I am, 7 months in the story and stuck because I wrote like an idiot in the beginning...

So I'm going to rewrite Nemesis.

I'm going to keep the same scenes, going to keep the same persona I chose for Nemesis and the relationships she has with all the characters, but this time, I'm going to write knowing where I'm going. I'm going to write with a goal in mind, and this time, when I'm going to reach chapter twenty-six, I'm going to be able to keep the story going. I'm aware it's annoying, and I apologize for the people who have been waiting for a new chapter. But if it gives you guys any comfort, I already have the first 12 chapters rewritten and will post them in a few hours.

Sorry again and thank you for being patient with me, I love you lots. <3