Growing intensely

Long ago, there was once a man who could scorch everything in its path as if he were the sun.

His great prowess resulted in the defeat of demonic creatures that used to lurk in the darkness of the earth.

The man is so powerful, he is revered as the god of the sun. He, who walks with the power of fire, can light the world in flames.

Rumors stated that the sun god had a twin brother, who is twice as frightening and cruel as any demons that had existed.

The sun god loved his brother, and his love is so great that he would burn the world if one dares to bring harm to him.

But one day, despite his cruelty and a heart of ice, his twin brother could not handle the burning love that swallowed him whole and took his life. For he no longer wants to feel the sun's love.

This resulted in the wrath of the sun god. The world burned for the sun god blamed the people for killing his brother, but in truth, the citizens had done nothing.

With no choice but to fight for survival, the era entered a magical battle between a god and people, and it commenced with great effort as all the people joined as one.

Together, with their power and magic, created a cage strong enough to prison a god.

A mystery occurred. Even in death, the soul of the deceased twin aided the people with great power, who recognized their efforts to stop his brother, as he created the moon to balance the world.

No longer does the world be blessed by the constant searing of light.

The world is thrown in balance for eternity.

Every twelve hours, the moon would come to the sky to end the sun's reign. Granting the earth a state of calm.

The cage people built centuries ago remains standing now. And it shall not be disturbed. No one is allowed to enter. For within that magical forest, there lies the sun god who is waiting to light up the world once more.

~~~

Michikatsu surprised himself standing in front of those forests. It hasn't been a day and yet here he was, looking at those horrendously large trees in dismay. With complete confusion why he subjected himself to visiting, or by simply taking a mere glance, of a place that was not supposed to be entered. But for all he knows, it was like he couldn't help himself but look at it for the last time.

Not that Michikatsu would like to take a short visit again, yet when he couldn't bring himself to sleep last night due to the constant itching in his chest or that scorching feeling that seemed to engulf him whole which kept him awake at night, it suddenly slowly died down when he was in the presence of these magical forests. For whatever reason, that is surely unknown.

Michikatsu doesn't know how to explain it all. Why did this urge to see the trees have him unable to rest his mind for the whole night, or why had his tired body pushed him to go and play with that kid again...

But who is that kid?

Michikatsu paled at the notion of interacting with a magical being; countless stories had scared him as a child since most endings usually involved death or unfortunate circumstances. But in the end... it's not like... it's not like...

That Yoriichi is the sun god, right?

After all, in those stories, their depiction of him was that he was a man, not a child.

But there hasn't been any story about a magical kid.

Or maybe he's got the blood of those people who had fought the sun god with magic centuries ago. Those people must have still existed in this era but were just simply hidden out there to guard the forest.