// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part forty-seven

»»——⍟——««

       The sun was already half way over the cloudy sky, the cool breeze making Y/n shiver as she looked down at the camera in her hand. Y/n's e/c eyes turned to stare up at the bleak winter sky, wondering if this might be the very last time she'll see her father. She hated to have to do this, but Y/n just couldn't see herself staying on Earth anymore.

"Gohan, after this, I want you and Bulma to have me disappear. You don't have to keep up with my school anymore, and Bulma doesn't have to write any more letters. I just want to disappear now that I'll be living with Lord Beerus." Y/n spoke, her voice low, as if she were tired. And she was. Everything was happening so fast, there had been complications and problems since the very second Y/n arrived on Earth. She had accidentally gotten swept up by a frustrated Goku, harming Gohan in the process, and causing even more problems. And now, she had to live with Goku again for the foreseeable future. It was best for her to just leave behind everything she could, so as not to cause any more harm. That was how she saw it anyway. She had no idea of knowing she'd just formed habits of self destruction.

"Y/n, that's not necessary! I know you'll want to come back to your life, you've spent nearly your entire life working on your dreams. You can't abandon everything just because you don't feel normal anymore," Gohan said, grabbing her by her shoulders. Y/n sighed, furrowing her brows in annoyance. It was frustrating that he was trying to help her, when all Y/n wanted to do was disappear. "Y/n, you've got to stop thinking that you need to disappear. People love you, we need you, and want to see you happy. So no, I won't stop until you come back and take over again."

Y/n gave Gohan a soft glare, but she was happy to know he cared that much. But to her, he was wrong. Y/n wasn't coming back. As lonely and boring as it was living on Lord Beerus's planet, Y/n could at least give herself the solace that she wasn't causing anymore harm. Maybe with Goku, that'd be slightly different, but Y/n was going to make sure she didn't fall for him anymore, bonds be damned.

"Let's go, Lord Beerus will be back soon," Y/n said, taking off into the sky. Gohan followed, the two making their way to the next city over, Satan City.

The flight there was quiet, Gohan too nervous to say anything. All he could think was that, he wasn't the only one who had changed in the last six months. Y/n was very different, far colder and distant than before. Gohan knew that was thanks to her self esteem issues, and he wanted to help to the best of his abilities, but he didn't even know where to begin. Gohan cleared his throat, catching Y/n's attention as she glanced over at him.

"So... What kind of training did you do with the Supreme Kai?" Gohan asked, making Y/n raise a brow at his out of the blue question.

"Oh, well... Just meditation. Although, I haven't been doing much of his training lately. Whis and Beerus keep me fairly occupied, and Whis doesn't like leaving me alone with Shin after we fused. The only reason we even fused that one time was because Shin was my friend, and Kibito was going to separate us because he doesn't like me. People just like to misunderstand everything I do and make me out to be the bad guy," Y/n muttered her final sentence, the memories annoying her. Though, she could also understand why people viewed it as a bad thing, she did recall their fusion being a bit of a jerk.

"R-Really? Wow, I guess everything was blown way out of proportion, huh..?" Gohan chuckled, feeling bad for her. It seemed Y/n couldn't do anything without there being some drama. Y/n watched his smile, a small smirk forming on her face. She turned to fly with her back to the ground, putting her arms under her head as she looked over at him.

"You're really relaxed about this, you know? When I left, I assumed it was you that'd be upset with me. I felt really bad about leaving you the whole time. I figured Goku would take it better than he did," Y/n said, surprising Gohan. Gohan scratched his cheek, embarrassed.