Ziva and Hardik and shh! don't tell papa!

a/n: aren't they so cute?

——————

Hardik met Ziva after a long gap during the Qualifier 1. He missed the kid so badly and felt so happy to see her again. Hardik spent a lot of time with the Dhoni family, Sakshi and him were the best of friends, Mahi bhai practically adopted him, and Ziva adored him and Agastya.

When Hardik came to her and Mahi bhai, Ziva wordlessly wrapped her little arms around his waist and gave him a hug, and Hardik hugged back, muttering, "I've missed you, Zi."

Hardik crouched down to her hight. "Wow, you've grown up, baby."

"Yess!" Ziva squealed. "I'm the tallest girl in class."

Hardik smiled. "Hey," he said quietly, shifting closer to her. "Do you wanna go out for ice cream?"

Ziva lifted her head to look at her father. Mahi was deep in conversation with Bharat. Then she turned to Hardik. "Okay, but don't tell papa. I just had ice cream yesterday, so he won't let me again."

Hardik smiled. "Okayyy."

Later after the players stared leaving for the bus, Mahi made sure Ziva was coming too. He saw her with Sakshi and contentedly left for the bus.

Meanwhile Ziva told her mom, "Mumma, I'll go with papa in the bus!"

Sakshi smiled and nodded her head as Ziva ran in her father's direction. She got in the cab and left too. Hardik was waiting for her and beamed when she came running to him. She signalled a cute thumbs-up at him and he laughed.

"Okay, can we go?" He said, sticking his pointing finger out so she could hold it. She did, and together they got into the GT bus.

The environment was relatively new to Ziva so she just stuck by Hardik's side. They video called Agastya, and Ziva spent the whole ride talking to her little brother.

"Agu, why didn't you come to chennai with your papa?" Ziva chirped, and Agu looked at her interestedly.

"It's okay, we'll meet next time FOR SURE!" Ziva finished without letting him talk.

Agu laughed. Hardik didn't know if he understood what she was saying clearly but still looked at his niece and son adorably. Kids were the best.

When they reached the hotel, Hardik took Ziva to the restaurant and fortunately, it was empty.

"What do you want, Zivu?" He asked and Ziva had an immediate answer.

"Blackcurrant!"

"Two blackcurrant scoops, please." Hardik ordered.

"You're the best, Hardik!" Ziva said after the waiter left. Hardik was feeling like a VIP at the moment. He decided to call Virat because he really wanted to boast.

He video called Virat and gave the phone to Ziva.

"Here, let's talk to your Virat chachu," he said and Ziva smiled excitedly.

Virat picked up and frowned in surprise when he saw Ziva at the other end.

"Hi Virat chachu!" She said cheerfully and Virat forgot everything else.

"Hello Zivu, how are you baby? It's been so long!" Virat said, and Hardik didn't miss how his voice changed whenever he talked to kids. It was the most adorable thing.

"I'm fine. Hardik brought me for ice cream. I got blackcurrant," she rambled on and Hardik whispered into her ears.

"Tell him what you said before we called him."