I really got to learn how to swim Chapter 2

I woke up at 4 am sweating from my nightmare. In my dream, the human turned into a wolf and lunged at me. I tried to sleep again but I kept seeing those grey eyes and hearing the howl.

Deciding to clear my mind by going to the forest, I found myself subconsciously found myself walking down the same path I did yesterday, back to the lake. That’s where I heard the whimper of pain.

“Who’s there?” Show yourself!” I shouted out. I suddenly felt afraid as I turned and saw the human on the floor. Bleeding.

“D-don’t try a-anything! I-I have a g-gun!” I stuttered out, trying to seem tough, it wasn’t working. Then I realised it was injured.

“Are you ok?” I asked cautiously and I heard the moans of pain. Walking slowly towards it, I saw blood spurting out a bite make on the arm.

Feeling sorry I said, “Shhh it’s okay. I can help you.” I whispered, realising that because this person was so dirty, he could get a blood infection.

“Wait here.” I commanded and then I tow off a bit of my shirt and dipped it in the icy cold water, wetting it. Then I ran over to the person and realised to things.

1.     It was a boy

2.     He was naked

I screamed out in shock and covered my virgin eyes. Ok he is hurt and stop being such a wuss!!

I gently over the next hour, wiped away the dirt from his body and kept going back to the lake to wash the cloth. At the end, I ripped another piece and tied it around the wound, away from dirt and hopefully, infection.

“Now, I don’t even know why you go with and act like those wolves. You should have known you were going to get hurt, after all you’re not the wolf whisperer…” I trailed off realising he had fallen asleep. That is just strange.

He must have been really tired. I walked to the lae and looked at it and then I remembered. SCHOOL! I spun around and I didn’t realise he woke up and was right behind me. Screaming I tripped and clung on to him, pulling us both into the lake.

I struggled against the dark waters. I can’t swim! I can’t swim I frantically screamed in my head. It was too dark and all I could hear was the whooshing of water as I struggled to get out. Bubbles of air came out my mouth in large bursts and I tried to scream, only succeeding in swallowing the black, icy water.

My whole body was on fire while I tried to get to the surface. Mother and father, I shall see you sooner than I thought and I stopped struggling, letting the water take over. Then, I felt nothing at all.

A sudden burst of light came to my eyes and I weakly triend to cover them.

“Alana? Can you hear me?” I heard someone say. My throat felt raw and my head was pounding.

“A-am I dead?” I hoarsely asked. Am I in heaven or hell? Is it meant to hurt like this? Where are my parents?

“Oh my god someone get me a doctor! Sweetie, everything is all right. You missed school and everyone was looking for you. We didn’t find you till 7 pm, under a tree by one of the gardeners. She found you by chance and you were going through stages of hypothermia. You must have fell in the lake, swam out, hobbled to the tree where you collapsed of exhaustion.

My mind travelled back to the water and the pain in  my lungs. The is no way I swam and climbed out of if. So if I didn’t swim who saved me?

“I think that’s what happened.” I carefully said. The cautiously, I asked, “Who are you?”

“I am a counsellor, I have heard recently about your… extreme behaviour from you Matron and I was called. Don’t worry, you’re not in trouble.”