Lego Spiderman gives Miguel a surprise ;)

It was another day at work. Miguel was looking through what seemed to be millions of screens just to make sure the multiverse was in order. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it. He was always on top of things, both in work and...in the bedroom...although he hadn't gotten any action since his wife disappeared from the multiverse collapse (skill issue). He impulsively slammed his fist against his monitor, the sound of the impact echoing in the cold and lonely room. He was frustrated.

"Anger issues much?" 

Lyla popped up on Miguel's shoulder, ready to begin her cheeky remarks. Miguel tried to swat her away like a fly but it was of no use. This piled onto his overflowing irritation.

"Woah there, tiger! Relax!"
"Not now Lyla. I just...can't." Miguel looked down and furrowed his eyebrows. Nothing seemed right. Everything just seemed...terrible. Saving the multiverse every day was hard enough, but this annoyance swelling up inside was just...unbearable. What was it? He thought to himself as Lyla inched closer with inspection, studying Miguel.

"Hey, maybe a little va-cay will help ya out? I can hold down the fort while you're gone and maybe we can get some of the spideys for extra help-"

"NO!" Miguel violently lashed out as Lyla glitched a couple feet away from him. Helpless, Miguel let out a lifeless sigh and turned back to his monitors. "Just...get me a cup of coffee or something. Maybe that'll fix me up."

"Sooo...a coffee date?" 

"Don't play around Lyla. Not now. Anyway, I haven't even been on a date in years, no need to add salt to the wound. Just...do as I say." Miguel had lost all effort to be angry. His eyes lingered aimlessly debating whether or not to ask for a spiderburger as well.

"C'mon! You have soooo many options, like Scarlet Spider-"

"Lyla-"

"Web Slinger! He's so hot when he rides that horse-"

"No-"

"Spider Maguire or Spider Garfield?"

"Stop-"

"What about-"

"Please Lyla, I just want a cup of damn coffee-"

"Lego Spiderman!" 

Miguel flinched. He looked away before Lyla could catch any glimpse of his reaction but she was already in front of his face. He furiously tried to swat her away with both of his hands like a cat, but once again, it was of no use. He turned around and instantly thought about investing in an a.i. flyswatter to use on Lyla later, but right now he had to invest in a way to divert the situation before Lyla could notice he was flustered at all. He quickly composed himself and looked back at Lyla. She stared back expressionless. Oh no. Did she know? Was it obvious?

"Alright, alright, I'll stop. I'll go order your coffee right now. Black, just the way you like it!"

Miguel skeptically placed his arms on his hips. He built Lyla, knowing that she could always figure out how he felt, especially from his face. Maybe he was just good at hiding his true feelings, or perhaps she needed an update.

"Lyla, before you go..."

"Yeah?"

"Could you get me a...spiderburger too, please?"

.

.

.

Miguel sluggishly stretched his body. The coffee had worn off and his bodily urge to sleep was starting to catch up to him. He knew he was overworking himself. He blinked and rub his eyes for a bit just to realize he had slept on his monitor overnight. He wiped the drool off his face and let out an exhausted groan.