3|| Hate that pink.

✧*̥˚ Chapter 3*̥˚✧

Days were passing, and the classes were going well. After completing the classes, Sakura and Hinata would be at the gymnasium. Apart from the expected work, she enjoyed watching matches. Sometimes, she waited late till the sets were over. Sometimes, Hinata had to drag her out.

"Hinata! Let's go!" Sakura swung the key of her locker and started stuffing her books.

"Sakura-chan, slow down. Your stuff would fall."

"Gomen, I'm just in a hurry. Today, we have to finalize the list of tournaments."

"I know, but there's no need to worry."

"Actually, today someone's coming from my hometown!" Sakura squeed.

"Really? Who?"

"Yeah, who's coming? Tell us," Ino barged into the conversation.

"No one,"

Sakura hasn't picked much liking to the girls yet. She was taking her sweet time to blend in. No rush has ever done anything fruitful.

Before she could proceed, she heard a loud gasp, as if it came ripping apart one's lungs.

Sakura turned around to see Ino clicking her pictures,

"What... is going on?" She was as flabbergasted as the other people in the corridor,

"Sakura...what is this? Am I seeing a pink shade?"

"P-pink? What are you talking about?" Her hands abruptly brushed her hair. It happened, the thing she tried running away from. Something that she resented from the very start, something that kept her on the toes from the beginning, her roots came out.

"What is the weird color coming out of your roots? Do you have any disease? My god."

Sakura could hear everyone gasp and wheeze. She didn't want the past to repeat. The soft pink hair she was born with, her parents named her after the pink color of the cherry blossom she takes after. Thought they were pretty but also different, totally out of the beauty norms. They made her stand out.

The pink hair. The bullies. The burns. The screeching voices. The suffering. The trauma. It all came rushing back. The sweat started dripping from her forehead. Her body was internally shaking. Her strength was fading away little by little as the panic took over.