Chapter One - I SAW THEM FIRST

DEAR AIDAN

AIDAN - "I saw them first."

It all started when I was christmas shopping. It was december the twenty-second. It was a  total last minute thing...as it always was. I was never good at Christmas shopping, I never knew what people liked or what they were like. The thing is you have to find the perfect present for everyone. I had managed to get my mothers, fathers and brothers presents done within three hours. And now I had to find something for my sister. She was a year or so  younger than me and I always picked on her, so I had to make christmas extra special. It was tough. I had gone around every boutique and every chain giant looking for something that she would love. As far as I was concerned she wasn't the sort to wear what I would like on a girl. I actually had to think about her! It was driving me crazy! I was walking past this shop. It was labeled as an Alexander MCQueen boutique. I had no clue what that was  supposed to mean to me but I went in. They had to do something right? I entered the shops, i felt strangley under-dressed next to all thise people in business  suits and posh dresses. I was just wearing a tee shirt and my best hoodie. I looked around there wasn't anything special to it really...But then what I saw out of the  corner of my eye was just what I had been looking for. There on a shelf on the wall was a pair of boots my sister had been gushing about for aeons. Apparently it was featured in some magazine..."Teen Vogue" or something. She even showed me these shoes like I actually cared about fashion. These boots were black leather, came up to the ankle and had this intricate gold design on the platform, carved into flowers, a thin heel completed the shoe, also in the intricate gold pattern. There were buckles on the side. They looked so expensive, but I knew that she would be eternally grateful, like those aliens out of  toy story. Surely I could splurge some of my university savings. I grabbed one of the shoes...My sister was a size six, UK size. A bulky dude with an earpeice came up to me. 

"Yes, that's a pair of shoes from his last collection before McQueen...sadly...passed away. These are exclusive." He said. 

"How much?" 

"One thousand two hundred." 

"Seriously!?" I asked I didn't have that much going spare. But I thought about it, I would never find something that would please her as much as these shoes, nothing could possibly be as good. Surley I could just get a scholarship, or go into debt anthing to make my family happy. 

"I'll take them." I said putting it back down in order to get my wallet out from my pocket. I had pulled out my wallet and when I went to pick the boots back up I noticed they had  been pulled away. I grasped the air that was once filled with the shoes. I frowned looking for whoever stole my christmas present.

"Oh-my-gosh-no-way!!" I heard a shrill cry next to me. She said the words as if they were one. I looked to my left. A woman roughly in her mid forties with caramel skin and  chocolate hair was jumping up and down for joy. "They're exclusive" She shrieked again. She was wearing a black silk top with a cream fitted jacket and pencil skirt to match. She wore expensive looking shoes on her feet. I didn't like her already. She was a cow who stole my shoes. I grabbed at one of the shoes. I could tell that the designer world was ruthless so that's what I was going to be. 

"Back off lady. I need these shoes." I snarled in a low voice. 

"Uh, no. These are mine boy." She spat the word boy like I was scum. I wasn't going to accept that. 

"I saw them first." I yelled 

"I picked them up first." 

"I did. Actually." 

"You picked one up, then put it back down." 

"To get my wallet!" She snatched at the shoes. I put my hand back on them. There was no way in all of hell I was going to ket her win. "Okay. Let's bet. Whoever holds onto the shoes the longest gets them. You can't let go of either otherwise you are disqualified."