Welcome to New York

0234 hours
May 01, 2023,
"Penguin", Coast of New York, USA

Y/N L/N WAS STANDING with Captain Ray on the highest deck, the two were observing the bright concrete jungle, it was awake even at late, the skyscrapers standing high getting bigger and bigger as the ship drew closer to the city. Captain Ray broke the silence
"What do you plan on doing here my boy?"

"Nothing much Captain, just a little visit to my friend who seems to have a very good life here, might as well give him a visit eh?" Y/N answered. He had the calm and soothing deep voice, his accent was English with a hint of Russian, he was a young boy yet he sounded so old.

"A friend?" Ray said before chugging a whiskey in a dirty manner, "How old is he?"

"About 22,"

"22? And living the American Dream?"

"I do not know, heh, he keeps boasting in his ridiculous e-mails, calls it the Land of Opportunity,"

"I doubt he is living the American Dream, I only know one man in the whole of America who is actually living the dream, and this country is far from the Land of Opportunity, "

"who is it?"

"Fisk, or Kingpin, I don't know but he's a rich scum, nobody likes him really,"

"oh,"

"you want to live the dream, you gotta take him out, you won't be able to do that though,"

"we'll see about that,"

"Sure will, kid I gotta ask you one more thing before we part ways,"

"What is it Captain?"

"Why do you wear that mask all the time? I know you served but are the scars really that bad?"

Y/N had a matte black ballistic mask.

"It's not the scars Captain, I just don't want people to see my face,"

"Why is that?"

"When I used to do all kind of things during the war, I wore a mask, the pain in my eyes were naked, people looking at me before they die, because of a kid who was given money to do a task, the mask helped me deal with it all, the pain of killing, torturing and kidnapping, all trapped behind my mask, it has sort of grown on me, I don't want to remove it,"

"One rough story, but you're here to start over right? Might as well forget your past life, you gotta take off that mask at some point and forgive yourself.. until our paths cross again then,"

"I'll try my best Captain, goodbye," Y/N said while walking down the deck.

Captain Ray was like Y/N's father figure at this point, even though they've only known each other for a month, they have drawn close to each other. Ray gave Y/N advice and mental help, though Y/N kept it all under his mask, Ray knew everything about him. Ray was also a soldier, albeit he did not fight in the same war or the same country as Y/N, he knew what it was like.

Y/N was only 14 when he was enlisted by mistake, Y/N's parents never took proper care of Y/N, his father was the closest family member to him but he had died during the war when Y/N was 10. Y/N was taken in even though he was only 14, the military did not care as they were running low on manpower. During his 2 years of service, Y/N did many disgusting, brutal and violent things, all of his actions did not give him trauma but rather, they made him empty, he had no one to comfort him. Except one figure, God, his God is what kept him going.

The ship was starting to near the docks of the megacity. There were no clouds but the sky was still pitch black due to the city's major light pollution. The docks were wet and dirty, the roads were cracked and not maintained, the only people standing there were the friends or relatives of the immigrants aboard Penguin.

The ship had come to a halt and all the passengers on the cargo ship left, Y/N was talking to Ray. They wanted to keep in contact so since this was Ray's last time travelling with his ship, he decided to give his location to Y/N.

Ray and Y/N separated and Y/N was now on the docks. He wore a white shirt, a black tie, a black coat, a black overcoat, a pair of oxford black leather shoes, an elegant black pant, a black leather watch and held a rather heavy looking suitcase, looking like it had a gun or two inside.

Y/N's friend, or brother, Leo, was sitting inside a bright saffron red Mustang Hellcat, with a black spoiler. He was sleeping peacefully until he woke up with a shock, Y/N could tell that he was drunk. Leo yelled in joy
"Y/N! Brother! Welcome to New York!"

"Hehe, hello brother!" Y/N exclaimed in joy.

"Ha.." Before Leo could even say anything, he fell asleep once again, he was probably at the docks waiting the entire day since the last time he saw someone from his motherland in person was when he was in his motherland before he got into a college in America. He was a bright mind.

Y/N opened the car door, it wasn't locked for some reason, he took out Leo and put him in the passenger seat. Y/N used to drive a jeep and bike during his time in the army so he knew a bit about controlling cars. He took out the keys from Leo's pocket and started the engine and that woke him up.

"Hey brother, sorry but we just go here" Leo said while opening the map on his car and asked for directions to his house. He was very drunk.

"So brother, how is America?" Y/N asked Leo.

"Beautiful Y/N, beautiful, so many fat shits and thin shits in this country, some even have those big titties brother!"

"Oh really?"

"And these girls Y/N, I'm telling you, they are real good, get one brother, I bet on ten dollars that you will find a nice girl with the big a-"

"Okay enough brother, can you tell me about the country and not about girls,"

Leo didn't respond.

Y/N looked to his side and Leo was sleeping again. Y/N let him rest until they reached Leo's apartment.

Y/N turned the car off and attempted to wake Leo up, he wouldn't budge. Y/N slapped Leo and he woke up.

"You dare to slap your big brother little brother?" Leo said while half asleep

"Where is the house?"

"3rd flo...." Leo was fast asleep once again

Y/N got out of the car and pulled Leo out of the passenger's seat and carried him all the way to the house. The house was small but it was enough, one bathroom, one bedroom and a compact kitchen.

Y/N dropped Leo on his bed and it was already 4 AM. Y/N removed all his clothes except for the boxers. Y/N had a lean build, his muscles were well defined and he had a few scars on his body. He doesn't skip leg day either.

Y/N felt like shit and decided to sleep on the sofa in the living room, ending his long journey to the American Dream. Little did he know...