Reunions and Regrets {Hurt/Comfort}

Do you guys like this crossover? I'm genuinely curious.

CW/TW: Mega sad topic about babies

Atlas POV:
The name that's been said startles me. I haven't heard that in a year. Not to mention the voice that says it.

I swallowing the lump in my throat I turn towards the speaker.

The sight of a familiar hard light user nearly makes me cry. I've missed him so much. But..what is he doing here? Why are any of them here? The reason I left was to keep them safe.

"Who? We don't-" Femi starts just to be cut off by Lotus. "Isn't that the name you used when you were in the mortal realm Atlas?" Their teasing tone seems to jog Femi's memory. Getting her to nod along with their antics.

I sigh before looking away from Shino. Gods, I can't break character. Even if I really want to go to him. There's still dangers out there. If I break now they'll know my weakness. And I vowed to never be weak again.

Not like how I was with Mors.

"Yeah and? It's a name. A name I used to use. So what?" Out of the corner of my eye I can see Shino wince. Femi also semi-deflates, but Lotus seems determined.

"You're deflecting!" They point a finger to Shino. "Who is this guy? And why does he know your mortal name?" Their hands are on their hips now. Their tone is teasing but underneath it is protection.

"Yeah, who is this guy?" Femi has regained from her earlier disappointment by tag-teaming me with Lotus.

I sigh and shake my head as I turn to the group from Monarch. Softly pushing Lotus' hand down.

Don't break, don't break, don't break, Don't. Break.

"You could just ask them. It's rude to talk about someone right in front of them." Femi then goes to my side while also using me as a shield. Lotus just kind of side steps away from the group. Even if we aren't that close to them.

"But that means we have to talk to new people!" Lotus' voice is whiny as I roll my eyes. Looking at them as I speak.

"Ok? We did that when we first got here. Not to mention we're gonna have to talk to them seeing as we're giving them a tour as a family."

My words make them both jump. Earning a snicker from me. Femi runs behind Papa, and Lotus awkwardly shuffles beside Brydad.

Inpu turns to me with a questioning look on his face.

"Atlas, you know these guys?" I roll my eyes again before speaking. I feel like a lot of people are gonna ask me about how I know this group.

"Yep. I was classmates with most of them. I was taught by two of the adults. Database and Ronin. The one with the visor and the purple haired ones. Nurse Venus was the school medical director. They're the adult with short blue hair with star accessories."

He gives a look of acknowledgement and then turns to the group.

"Well, as I said before my name is Inpu. This is my husband Bryan." Papa motions to Brydad. "And these are my lovely children. Femi, my brainiac daughter, Lotus, my peaceful child, and Atlas, my rebellious son." He tousles each of our  hair as he walks by us and introduces us.

I lightly bat away his hand as he stands beside me. His hand resting on my shoulder as he inconspicuously leans over and whispers into my ear.

"Keep an eye on this group please. I know you know them, but that just means they could be in more danger. You knowing them makes it easier to keep them safe. Alright Atlas?"