Something is up

" you know what, Max, just take your time oh, and enjoy the present, I went through a lot to get it your know." the guy said.

And Max replied with " sure, now let me see you out".

Uh uh I need to hide quick! I ran and hid behind a pillar. I waited for fifteen minutes, but they didn't show up , i waited for ten more minutes, still nothing, so I decided to check what was going on.

Getting to the door, I leaned closely, but I didn't hear anything. I slowly pushed the door and... Huhhhh? No one's in there.

I slowly walked in, checking the environment, empty. But how? They were in there 25 minutes ago, and I'm sure they didn't use the door!

I kept looking around to find anything suspicious but nothing, only a glass with wine. Something in me made me move closer to the glass, hmmm, red wine. I picked it up and stared at it. " This must be the thickest wine I've come across. " I sniffed it and it smelled really bad! Wait, a minute.......

" It's rude to barge in to someone's room without permission" I heard Max's voice from behind. I quickly dropped the glass and faced him. " I .... Ehhnm, I.." I stammered trying to think of what to say, I couldn't even remember the reason I was here, yesss I was here because of what happened earlier. " We need to talk" I said firmly, trying my best not to act suspicious. " And you couldn't wait for me to come? Instead you started going through my stuff" he said, almost yelling.

" I'm sorry for coming in like that but, I just couldn't go back after coming all the way here" I said in an innocent tone.

"Alright, what is it " he said, buying my pretence. " It's about what happened down stairs, I really don't appreciate the way you spoke to Kendra, I know she made a mistake, and she isn't sorry, but, I don't think you have the right to judge or punish her. It's our personal issue and you shouldn't have interfered." I said. Yes, this wasn't the main reason that brought me here, but I can't tell him that, after everything I've heard and seen, I have to know what's really going on here, I want to know what he's hiding and if he's trying to hurt us. And for that to happen I need to be extra careful.

"So, you came all the way to my room just to tell me that?" He asked looking at me intently. I bet he's trying to see if I'm lying.

I fully composed myself and said "yes, you have been here for less than 10 hours, so please, don't put yourself in our troubles. We are fine, and you Know nothing about grandpa's gift Soo stop acting all worked up" I said this while staring at him, I felt like running my hands through his hair, but discarded the thought immediately. I noticed his reaction change when I said the last part. As though he was almost caught. I smiled and added "I'll be grateful if you go apologize to Kendra, she's going through a lot and I don't want her to end up doing something stupid." then I left his room.

" Woah! That was close"

My mind went back to what I saw in his room. Was that really blood in the glass? If it is then what is he going to do with blood? I hope he's not going to drink it!!! Ewww who would drink blood, that sounds disgusting. Plus, how did his friend leave the room without being seen, I'm sure he didn't use the door, maybe he used a ladder down the balcony, tomorrow I'm going to ask the guards if they saw anything. Sincerely, anything that has to do with Max is hot and creepy. I really like him and fear him at the same time. I can't believe I like a guy who's my cousin and also probably trying to kill us all.