Dear Lover Boy

With you... I have no idea where to start. There are so many ways that I can begin this letter but, none of them feel right. I mean, is there a perfect way to start a letter? I bet if it was you, you would know.

You were the first for many things, you were part of my innocence and I of yours. You were the sunshine during my stormy days, and my companion during my lonely nights. You were the one that I loved and cared for with all my heart. Although I did not know how to show it, somehow you always knew what my true intentions were and never doubted me. Or at least that's what I think. Thank you for all the years you took time out of your life to spend with me. Honestly, there are so many things that I could thank you for but this would just turn into a gratitude letter, and that is not my intention.

Over time I did realize that we began to communicate far less than what either of us intended, and I guess that's part of life. Eventually, we may be meant to grow apart, and the thought of that makes me sad. But maybe it is the only way that we can grow into our new selves, away from each other... I bet it sounds like I'm trying to convince myself of something, but this is how I genuinely feel. I am proud of the person you are becoming. And although at some point we may never talk again, I do hope that one day if by some slim chance, we meet again, then we can laugh and talk under the night sky filled with stars.

With much love,

The one who got away