Chap 1

Azrah
2019-05-04.

Seven hours and thirty minutes – that's all I could think about. My Nikkah had finally arrived, and I was filled with excitement. I had stayed up all night, my heart pounding at an abnormal rate. My friend Nazeerah was seated by my side, munching on a bag of chips while watching a new series on Netflix. Although I was watching too, my excitement far surpassed the movie.

"I can't believe they did that to her," Nazeerah looked very angry as she said.

"Did what?" I asked, my eyes glancing at my phone. I was speaking to Sameer, my soon-to-be husband in seven hours and twenty-eight minutes. Yeah, I was counting every second.

"Are you even concentrating on the movie at all?" She asked, I wasn't.

"Yes," I lied while dropping my phone on my pillow.

"You need to sleep, Azrah. Your eyes look puffy. Your mother will not be happy if you look ugly tomorrow," I spanked her arm, she laughed.

"I'm sleepy, but I'm too excited. What if I sleep and I do not wake up?" I asked. She returned the spank.

"You will, I'm also sleepy." Nazeerah shut down the television and hopped on the bed. I hopped on it as well, I laid flat with my eyes facing the ceiling.

"I'm going to be a wife tomorrow," I whispered, hoping that Nazeerah wouldn't hear, but she did.

"And I'm finally going to be at peace, knowing I will not be hearing about you and Sameer's fights," She said as she placed a pillow over her face.

"That's mean," I mumbled. Nazeerah chuckled lightly.

"Honestly, I'm happy that you will be married tomorrow. I can't wait to see the look on Sameer's face when he can finally hug you for the first time." Thinking about what she had just said, I felt lots of butterflies in my tummy. Sameer and I have never even held arms before. We always wanted to keep things halal.

"I'm going to sleep now," I said, Nazeerah chuckled, knowing she had managed to make me shy.

"Good night, Azrah." I heard her say, I smiled and closed my eyes tightly, while mumbling goodnight.

The next morning when I woke up, after observing salat al fajr and taking my bath, I picked my cell phone and called Sameer. He picked it up on the first dial; he sounded very excited.

"Hey, Noor." I couldn't help but blush when I heard his voice.

"Hey, what time are you going to the masjid?" I eagerly asked.

"Relax Noorie, the Nikkah is going to take place after the jummah prayer," he assured me. I took a deep breath, glanced at the clock, and swallowed a lump.

"That's going to be in four and a half hours. Thank God I overslept," I said, earning me a chuckle from him.

"I love you so much," he said. I didn't know why, but I felt a different type of feeling when he said this. It made me feel at ease, and it made me more excited to know that I was going to spend my entire life here and in Jannah with him. His words reminded me of the first day I met him in 2017; he was just an ordinary guy whom I respected because he was my best friend's brother. I often visited Nazeerah's home, and that was how I met my Naseeb. He was everything I ever dreamt of, and I had the biggest crush on him. And here we are today, about to tie our knot and become husband and wife. It felt like it was just yesterday he spoke to my dad; it felt like it was yesterday he saved me from drowning on my 19th birthday. Remembering all these, I had to smile.

"I love you too, Sameer. And also, don't forget to help me collect the books from the post office, they are going to ship it back to China if I don't get it by today," I pleaded.