CH2: Tanks Forward!

The governmental car sped up to the military base of the hangars, with the guards shouting and saluting at us. This is unreal. The amount of patriotism and intensity that was undergoing in our soldier's hearts is something extraordinary.

We stopped immediately in front of a hangar, where many tank platoons were getting sorted out. I could make out several of the Sensha-do schools that came here, all because of my little sister. She's the reason I even watch the damn sport.

Once we got out of the car, the girls numbly saluted us in front of their armoured beasts.

"Commander."said a tall girl who stood in front of us her tank with a stone-cold face.

"Spare me the formalities, i ain't got all day! Drivers, go start the engines. The rest of the crew can go and prepare for the operation, except the commanders of each school and individual tank. You come over here."

The girls looked at each other; they had to comply with my orders, obviously, and that's what they did. The drivers hopped in and started the engines, the loaders, gunners, and radio operators did their own maintenance, with the Commanders of each tank and school coming towards me.

The girls lined up just in front of me, their hands tied behind their backs.

"Alright. Judging from your uniforms, we have...pretty much every major Sensha-do group this country has to offer. This makes my job easier."

I walked around, my boots touching firmly the reinforced ground, to withstand any type of attack.

I swiftly turned around to face the Sensha-do girls, as a move to keep them on their toes. I need to be as unpredictable as possible and exercise my authority just as I was taught.

"My rank is that of a Major, yet I am to demonstrate acts as a Company Commander. I believe most of you have been indoctrinated on the essentials of post-cold war armoured warfare, right?"

The girls, trying to catch up to me, with me moving in the same straight line, meeting in the eyes even the ones who were down the furthest in the line.

"The US Army and the majority of the western world operates in Platoons in Armoured Warfare, which ultimately shape up entire Companies, like this one.

Each Platoon hosts 4 to 5 tanks, with each commanded by a Platoon Leader with the Flagship Tank."

The girls listened closely, with their lips tightly pursed. It seems they have tightened up in response to emotional stimuli. This is way different than their harmless Sensha-do mock battles. This is a step before war. DEFCON2. A real assault.

"Judging by the amounts of tanks you guys have, you guys already operate in Platoons, right? I mean, the majority of your forces are 8 to 10 tank strong."

Anzio, Ooarai, and St. Gloriana smiled in defeat, whereas Pravda, Kuromorimine and Saunders nodded.

"Your tanks are outdated, but if we manage to perform great today, we'll be given a place inside the military and you will be provided with modernized models of your existing tanks. In other words, I'm no one but a goddamn guinea pig, and they just want to test if your skills can be incorporated into the military, cause we neither have tanks, nor capable personnel who can operate them."

Kazuya extended his arm to show me his clock; we were both still into civilian clothes, and the sun was beginning to shine.

I clapped my two hands.

"Alright gentlemen...I uh, mean, ladies. It's time to get going. Tell me, what amount of tanks were you instructed to bring?"

"Up to 10, Commander."