Chapter 5

"Eh, Kokonoi? Your, uhm... obsessed admirer from college?" Hina asked you with a raised eyebrow. You merely looked at her and subtly nodded. The four girls shared a look before glancing back at you.

"Oh, we haven't heard from him in such a while, right?" Yuzuha questioned as she tilted her head to the side slightly. "I remember that Kokonoi guy. It felt as if he wasn't leaving Y/n alone at all."

It was true. During your college days, you have been receiving love letters from an anonymous someone. It happened almost every day and you'd find it in random areas; in between your notebook, your bag, your locker, and sometimes, under your phone, which you are still confused up until now as to how he did it.

And then, on the last day of school, he confessed to you personally and told you that it was he who slipped all of those letters on your things. He then asked you if he could possibly be your boyfriend. You, however, disagreed and politely declined him. Though you knew from his facial expression that time that he wasn't pleased by your response.

You haven't really quite heard from him since then. Until he called you just recently...

"Hello," you spoke. The opposite line was quiet for a while, until an all-too familiar voice spoke.

"Did you like the roses, darling?" the voice said.

"Kokonoi Hajime?" you questioned; your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. A chuckle was heard from the other line.

"Oh, my sweet dearie, you didn't forget me? I'm so happy to hear that."

"What do you want, Koko?" you asked him as you turned around and made eye contact with your friends. You shrugged as they gave you a curious look.

"Nothing, I just wanted to see how my love is doing," he says with a slight smirk in his face.

"So, you haven't moved on yet, I presume?"

"Oh," he laughed loudly, "Dearie, you really expected me to 'move on' from such a goddess like you? Just because you rejected me a few years back?" he paused and let out a loud exhale, "No, that's not gonna happen, dear," he said with a teasing tone, smiling to himself.

"Uhm, h-how did you get my number?" you question him. You changed your phone number a few years ago. It was impossible for him to just have it.

"My sweet darling, that's not something to discuss. I have my ways."

"Just tell me what you want, Kokonoi," you said, annoyed. You were slowly losing your patience now. He noticed the irritation in your voice which caused his smirk to grow.

"You really want to know what I truly want?"

"Mhm, just tell me. What do you want?"

"Isn't it obvious, Y/n. You. I want you, dear."

"Okay, quit joking around. It's not funny."

"It really isn't, dear. I'm serious," he spoke in a stern manner. You fell silent, not even knowing what to say to him.

"Anyway, I'm abroad right now. But, in a month, I'll be back in Japan," he said. You still stayed silent, causing him to sigh, "I wanna see you, Y/n. So, when I come back there, I want us to go out on a date."

"Oh, please. As if I'll agree to that," you scoffed, rolling your eyes.

"Dear, I really just wanna see you. Give it a chance, please?" he begged, sounding really hopeful for your response. You stayed silent; you didn't dare answer that question of his. And you were unsure whether to agree or not. "I'll see you soon, love," he said, sighing before ending the call.