Chapter 7

Jail Bae

Chapter 7

Omniscient POV

Friday May 24th, 2006

Chicago, IL Downtown

Jennifer's Job

10:20 am

" Kanye, Mr.Carter and his team are on their way to talk about the Roc-A-Fella party for the introduction of Graduation dropping. And we need to discuss the videos and roll out Ideas we had." Jennifer walked into Kanye's office knocking. 

Kayne usually has his door closed so he can work quietly but today it was opened and there were loud voices coming from the office. Jennifer and Kanye only liked working in calm and quiet spaces, so it is odd to hear loudness from Kanye's office. Especially since their offices were right next to each other with a door separating their spaces. From what she could hear it all sounded like Kanye's Girlfriend Kenya who was causing a ruckus and impeding on the day's events. Jennifer thought it was too early in the morning for mess like this to be happening.

" Ight thanks Jenny, just make sure to have them sit in conference room 1 because that's the closest and bigger. Look Kenya, it's time ta bounce. I got a lot of shit ta do." Kanye said as he gritted his last sentence to his girlfriend.

" No call that lap dog back in here so she can move her fucking office. You know that was supposed to be my office, not no damn assistant." Kenya yelled in Kanye's face. Jennifer had gone back to her office begging to print off their powerpoints they would give to the guest so they could keep up with the presentation. When she heard lap dog she stopped typing confusedly. Until she heard the clicking of the woman's heels walking towards her the door separating her and Kanye's office.

" Kenya you don't know that girl so don't start with her. You can take the office next to her's like I told you. I'm telling you she won't hesitate ta beat yo ass." Kanye yelled.

" Oh is that right baby. Well I wanna see her try. Excuse me, Miss... Um Jennifer we need you to move your things into the office next door this isn't your office. It's mine." Kenya said as she walked in without knocking.

" First of all, Miss, please try that again and knock on my office door. Then come in here and speak to me wit some sense." Jennifer said as she walked over to her door smiling like a crazy woman. Grabbing the handle and pulling the shared door closed.

" See Kenya I'm telling you she not the one ta play wit. Now leave her alone and take the space I gave you or leave and get yo own shit. I got business ta handle and you fucking wit my money and my mind right now." Kanye said angry at the dramatic character his girlfriend possessed. Kanye was only keeping her on for Image purposes and now he was regretting not taking someone else to hold this position.

" Kanye I'm your girlfriend and you let her speak to me like that and then you speak to me this way. Baby I don't deserve this. I want my space I was promised. And that was to be close to my man and not have to walk a mile to come see you. I WANT WHAT I WAS PROMISED." Kenya yelled angrily that she was getting this treatment. She walked to the door again aggressively opening the door. Jennifer had now taken a call.

" Alright I'll be down in about 5 minutes to greet them and then we can get this show on a roll. Serve them some refreshments and then I'll be down. Let them know where finishing up a meeting. " Jennifer said nicely into the phone. The front desk apprentice called to let her know that their guest had just pulled up.

" I gave you a fair warning to start moving your things so now my movers will move your things." Kenya walked into Jennifer's office with a box by the door and started to grab small things and put them in the box.