Chapter 2

⚠️⚠️⚠️: Very Sensitive and Heavy content ahead!Jail Bae

Jail Bae

Chapter 2

Omniscient POV

February 2nd, 2006

3:03am

Chicago, IL Southside

Advocate Christ Medical Center

Jennifer, Walter and Coco all slept in the two separate beds in the room awaiting any news of her brother's condition. Around 3am Jennifer started to toss and turn in the hospital bed aside Coco. Her body shot up when she felt the need to throw up. Running to the bathroom she spilled her guts in the toilet. Hearing the sounds Walter woke up and walked to the bathroom already knowing the drill to hold his best friend's hair as she threw up.

" Jenny, this shit needs to stop. I can't understand why you allow yourself to deal with this. Girl do you not understand you are so much better than this shitty ass situation?" Walter said as he held her hair.

" I know I'm just trying to find a way to leave him and not feel so hurt when I do. It's so hard because we've been together for so long. I don't want to feel like I'm doing him wrong after everything he's done for me and my family." Jennifer said as she cried sitting on the bathroom floor.

" Jenny, you gotta learn to stand up and get away from him. Baby he's done nothing but leave you bruises that you try to hide and bad sex. Girl you should've learned after he accused you of sleeping with me and Im gay as hell." Walter said as he consoled his friend.

" I'm trying... I'm trying so hard Walter I swear. The first time I've talked to him in 3 weeks was tonight and it felt so weird hearing from him and he hadn't even thought to call me all this time to even see if I'm okay." Jennifer said

" Baby that should make it easier to leave him and not look back. When mama D was alive he tried everything to win you over and keep you. Now he's gotten comfortable doing you wrong and coming back home. Jenny, that shit needs to end today. You need to delete his number from your phone and the house phone." Walter said as he dried her tears.

" I know and today is my last day of this treatment. I got myself and the rest of my friends and family to love me. I don't need him and sure as hell don't love him anymore." Jennifer said as she and Walter got off the floor. They walked to the sink where she spotted an unopened toothbrush and toothpaste.

" Good. Now brush them teeth and get some more sleep. Jenny Kate, you need it." Walter said slickly and walked towards the door.

" Jenny, I sorry. I did it again. It was a nightmare." Coco said as the door opened to a scared looking Coco.

" Baby what happened? What you talking about?" Jennifer asked as she continued brushing her teeth. Walter cleared his throat and that made her look up and see him staring between the bed and Coco.