The Reunion

I scroll through my playlists trying to figure out what the vibes for today were. I'm not really focusing on what's in front of me since it was about ten in the morning and the city had just barely woken up. I finally find a playlist and press play, making sure to tuck my phone back into the pockets of my leather jacket, smiling as I see the "Mlem Cat" patch. I go to look back up again before running head first into someone.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going, are you alright?" I say, looking up for a second before quickly looking away, my cheeks feeling hot from embarrassment.

"Yea I'm fine. Though I've got to say that's a nice jacket, Officer Fuckface." The stranger replied with a chuckle.

"I'm sorry? What the fuck did you just say to me." I snapped, taking a step back and looking up to meet the gaze of this dickhead. Crossing my arms I look at this man infront of me before realizing.

"No fucking way.. Jake?" I blurted out, taking my headphones off and dropping my arms. I take note of what he's wearing, one of his leather jackets with a band tee and some black cargo pants, he had accessorized with some Doc Martens and a classic double eyelet belt. He had a few assorted chains but the one that stuck out to me was a plain chain with a ring hanging off of it. An obsidian ring.

"Who else Delly?" He replied pulling me in for a hug. I immediately hugged him back taking a deep breath smelling the signature scent of Old Whiskey and Cigarettes, this time it had a stronger smell. I teared up immediately, it had been about 4 years since I had seen him last and I never thought I would miss him as much as I did. He towered over me still. I'm glad I was wearing platform shoes that day adding another four inches to my height making me 5'8. We stood there holding each other for a few minutes before pulling away, we stood there sorta just staring with massive smiles on our faces. It was surreal, I never thought I would see him again but here he stands, on a quiet street in the middle of LA.

"So.. what are you doing here?" He spoke, being the first to break the silence.

"I uh, I just moved here. My apartment is a few blocks away." I said back, still taking in how he hasn't changed a bit. Sure his hair is different, longer and dyed black instead of its natural dark brown but in all honesty he looks exactly the same as when he left me.

"Oh sick, me too" He chuckles, "What street is it on? Maybe I could help you get there?"

I reached back into my pocket, getting my phone out and quickly opening the text message from my new landlord. I had gotten a cheap apartment at the Covina Grand Apartment Homes, I was in apartment #604, the rent was only $1,834 a month so I had at least five months before I needed to get a job.

"Uh, I need to get to the Covina Apartment Homes. Do you know where that is?" I asked looking back up at him. Jake started laughing at me. "Why are you laughing at me? God you're an asshole" I said, punching him in the arm.

"Ow you little shit, that hurt," He laughed even harder before calming down, "I'm laughing because that's where I currently live." He began chuckling again, quietly this time. I started laughing too after he said that. The fact that we ran into each other, then found out we were living in the same apartment complex was just too good to be true.

"It was meant to be" I say adding a dramatic gasp, "Destiny brought us together again" I can't help but laugh at that, he laughs too before putting his arm around my shoulders guiding me through the streets. We ended up at a cafè pretty quickly, it was only a few minutes from where we were.

"And here I present to you, Los Angeles' best kept secret. The Little Leaf Cafè." He rushes to the door holding it open for me. I giggle and go to walk in before he rushes inside and shuts the door in my face laughing.