𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝘂𝗿𝗺𝗼𝗶𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲

"Hey, guys, my name is Mia, Kim Mia. Nice to meet you all. I hope we get along," Mia said with a bright smile as she introduced herself to the class. The teacher instructed her to find an empty seat, and as she passed by me, we exchanged a quick glance before she settled into her new spot. The lectures that followed were boring, making the day feel longer.

*Time skipped to lunch break.*

As the class ended, I walked out and made my way to the lockers before heading to the cafeteria to grab some lunch. My eyes searched for Jungkook, and when I spotted him, my face brightened. I was going to shout his name, but my excitement dimmed when I saw him sitting with a girl.

 I was going to shout his name, but my excitement dimmed when I saw him sitting with a girl

I walked over to them slowly, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. Jungkook seemed excited as he introduced her, "Hey, Y/n, meet my old best friend, Mia. We've been friends since we were kids."

"Best friend..." I whispered to myself, my heart aching at the thought of him sharing such a close bond with someone else. I tried to conceal my emotions and managed a weak smile. "Oh, yeah, I know. She's the new student in my class," I replied, trying to appear nonchalant.

Mia smiled warmly at me, seemingly unaware of the turmoil inside me. "Yes, Kookie, and I am so glad that we are in the same school!" she said with genuine happiness.

Trying to join their conversation, I felt like a third wheel, struggling to find a place in their nostalgic exchange. As they chatted animatedly, I quietly ate my lunch, feeling a mixture of emotions.

The lunch break eventually came to an end as the bell rang. I excused myself and went back to my class, and soon, school was over.

As I walked out, I saw Jungkook and Mia together again. I mustered up the courage to approach them, feeling a bit awkward. "Hey, guys, hope I didn't disturb you," I said with a hint of nervousness, my heart still aching.

"Nah, you didn't, Y/n. By the way, are you Korean too?" Mia asked with curiosity.

"Yeah, I am. We moved here a long time ago," I replied, trying to keep the conversation light.

"Oh, that's cool!" Mia exclaimed. "Hey, Kookie, should we go to my house? My mom would be surprised to meet you."

"Sure, why not? I'll call my mom and let her know I'm staying with you," Jungkook said excitedly.

I got startled when Mia extended an invitation, "Y/n, why don't you come too? It'll be fun!"

I felt a mix of surprise and hesitation, and sadness that instead of Jungkook, Mia invited me. "Y/n, don't be selfish. She was his 'first' best friend..." And I didn't want to intrude on their reunion, considering they haven't seen each other in a long time, and I might end up feeling like a third wheel. So, I politely declined, "No, it's okay. I have a lot of homework to do, and you guys haven't seen each other in a long time. Enjoy your time together."