4.

"Fine, you don't want to talk to Wolves, than how about a god."

The wolf shifted, instead of a white messy aggressive animal it was a man, a handsome one at that. Raven haired, a charming yet dangerous smile, and clearly someone Nina could not trust.

"A god?" Nina asked.

"The God of Mischief." He winked and then was gone. Nina bounced backwards surprised. Invisibility? Another Illusion?

"You're not the only one with tricks." His smooth voice whispered behind her ear.

"Clearly." Nina whipped around, "Is this little concoction of a forest yours?".

"Guilty, now what is your name mortal?" He asked again, the word mortal was really starting to tick Nina off.

"Why should I tell you?"

"So I know what to write on your tombstones."

"You're not the first person to say that, and that was the last thing they said," Nina shrugged.

"You feign confidence, that stone has filled your head with fake strength." The man said, as if it was the only explanation of why Nina couldn't take him seriously.

"You wish."

"You know nothing about what you possess. How in the world did you get your hands on it? and how can you still be standing here? It's embedded in you!" He reached a hand out to the shard. Nina went to hit it away but he flinched before touching it as he noticed her shredded shirt and the claw marks he'd left.

"I don't answer questions from a fake forest making man." Nina shrugged.

"That's fine, I'm not against killing to get what I want." He flicked his hand and a dagger unsheathed itself from the shadows.

"And what is it you want? Answers? From a stranger?" Nina questioned.

"I want that stone in your chest, hand it over." He held out his other hand that wasn't holding a weapon.

"I wish I could."

"You will."

"I can't"

"Make this easier for yourself and maybe you'll get to live, I don't like killing pretty things, actually I love it." He took a step closer and Nina backed up.

"If Thor, the literal God of Thunder can't rip this out than neither can you." His hand pulled back.

"Thor? He tried to get it from you. Is he here? Have you lead him straight to me mortal?" He began shouting.

"Stop calling me that! And no! How would I know you wouldn't want him here, I don't even know who you are!"

"I am Loki! The God of Mischief! Have I no names to call you either?" Loki matched Nina's volume in her shout.

"Nina, my name is Nina."

"Nina? What a small name, fit for a little girl." He pushed his shoulders back as he looked at her.

"Well at least I don't follow it up with a whole title. Nina! A Man-killing Woman!"

"My title's real."

"How's mine fake."

"I doubt you could kill a man."

"I bet I could kill a god", Nina stepped closer to Loki.

"Be my mortal guest." He smiled as he matched her step with his own. The distance between them had shortened. They stood an arms length away. Both unable to tell if they were angry or amused.