Chapter 2

I looked at him surprised. Is it really him? He has changed that's for sure. He clearly goes to the gym now.

-Cindy! We haven't seen each other in a while haven't we.

We greet each other and I help him take the luggages upstairs. Apparently he went to Lily's house and she invited him to go with her to Nice. He brought the luggages while Lily is parking her car not far from the house.

-How has life been?

He asks while I knock on the door that got closed because of the wind.

-Pretty good, I got into my dream university and so now I live in Switzerland.

I answer, he's clearly surprised. I know he lives in Switzerland, he's lived there since I met him but I didn't try contacting him. I don't know why that is exactly, maybe I was scared of looking like I still obsessed over him to the point of going to study where he lives or I thought it would get awkward when we meet. It was probably both.

-I'm happy for yo-

Right when he was about to finish he's sentence my mom opens the door.

-Oh my, Adam! Where did you go all these years!

My mom says while hugging him.

-As usual I was in Switzerland.

He replies while giving me a sad look. He picks up some of the luggage and goes in, I do the same.

...

It's been a week since I came to Nice, everything is going as usual. I wake up, eat, go to the beach with my friends, shower, go out with my friends and sleep. This schedule has been the same since I was 14. But I'm getting bored of it. Now that I'm 19 I can go party, drink the night away and live my dream life. It's summer, it's like Vegas, whatever happens in the summertime stays in summertime. There's a known bar that is having an event today so instead of going to a cafe me and my friends should go to the bar.

-Your friends are in front of the door.

I recognise the voice and I turn just to see Adam, arms crossed in front of my room. I got too used to having the door wide open when I lived on my own. He's looking at me up and down basically checking me out, I immediately start blushing. If it wasn't for our history I probably would've slapped him but I just can't help not feel something. As if I want him to check me out. WHAT AM I THINKING?!!

-Can you please tell them I'm coming?

I say while trying to hide my red cheeks by looking in my purse.

-Where are you going?

I look at him, he's smirking. He clearly realised I was blushing.

-None of your business!

I reply and close my purse while heading to the door of my room. I look at him so that he can move and let me pass but instead he gripes my head and moves forward pushing me onto the open door.

-Are you crazy! What if someone sees us!

I say while frantically trying to push him away.
He looks at me and smirks once again.

-There's no one and I knew you would take your time so I told your friends to wait.

He says that while moving his right hand to my brown curly hair.

-What do you mean I just saw Lily?!

I was shocked and confused but still trying to push him away. He removes his hands and moves a few steps away from me, he does so while putting his hands up with a defatted look on his face.