Timely Vain

LEO

Dusk had established it's vermilion skies and a sky full of stars and left me to my legs dangling in air, my eyes gazing into the innumerable stars twinkling above.

She was sleeping downstairs, and my heart aches a bit for her and a lot for myself. I know I sound so self-conceited and pompous. But the fact that there's no dinner tonight makes me want to slap myself straight across my cheek for asking her in the first place.

~

The heavy wind swept my hair to my face and I realized I needed a goddamn haircut. Real important man. Real important.

Chuck.

Little did I realize my fingers were digging at the cement ground I was sitting on, and my nails were bleeding despite the fact that it went unnoticed and I kept throwing stones to thin air.

Gravity.

This friggin ass concept of gravity keeps pulling me down to her. I mean, look at myself. I was a shitass Casanova and now I'm a gentleman? I laughed at my own contemplation, though it is partly true.

Gravity has pulled me so low with its force, that I can't get back up and leave her. I can't get back up and be the guy I was. I can't get up and change back.

Maybe because I don't want to.

SAMANTHA

Ah it's only 19:35, I'll sleep oh crap

Dinner!! Crapcrapcrapcrap

I forgot and he is sure as hell going to be pissed.

I need to make up! I need to!!

But his reservation was at 19:30 and reaching there would probably take 15 minutes. By then, it would've been occupied.

What else can I do?!

LEO

I didn't want to go down. I wanted to stay here. I know I'm acting like a preschooler but everybody has that right? I'm just in my autocratic mood now, and I have no room for apologies and all that crap.

Rude, again. But I have all rights to be pissed though I need to understand that she isn't well. Maybe I wasn't meant to be. I'm frozen ice now, and it takes tenacity to break me.

I know she can break me into shards of glass. But I am not letting that happen.

~

The time was almost 20:15, and yet the oxford blue skies with a little of periwinkle kept me occupied in its astounding beauty. You know, there's this conception I have, which I don't know if unlikely. But when you are looking at the skies with a blank mind, it's like the stars arrange themselves into figures that are well recognizable.

Let's see.

A pig? A baby? A princess?

Really?

A wine glass? Much better.

No.

Ah well.

SAMANTHA

My idea was going super awesome and I had to decide Peach or Plum?

Plum.

~

Table set.

Candle set.

All ready to go!

LEO

It's been more than,(how many? I honestly don't know) a few hours,that I've idly sat here and the time is 20:48 and I was hungry.

She's probably still sleeping and I have to munch in cereal or a granola bar, provided if that's there.

~

The smell of something so yum reached my nose.

Oh well, probably the neighbors.

~

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?!?!" The table was beautifully set, there was a dish, sleek cutlery, and her standing beside the table in a beautiful plum colored dress.

"Who said we need to go out for a date?" and flashed one of her most comforting smiles ever.

~

A beautiful dinner with a beautiful girl.

A timely vain.

I don't mind it, when "repercussions" are sweet.

Girl almighty, bless her.