Chapter 1

You've just woken up. It's a Saturday. It's summertime, and you've got tickets to a concert tonight. It's in Seattle at the Vera Project (your favorite venue), and Pigeon Pit and Local News Legend (two of your favorite bands) are playing, so you're very excited. It's only about 10am, so it's not time to get ready yet (the show starts at 7- doors are at 6). You decide to stare at your ceiling for a moment, paying attention to the interesting shadows that have formed between the spaces of the light from both your ceiling light and your window. You are interrupted by the sound and vibration of your phone. You've gotten a notification from your friend Josh. He's going to the concert with you tonight, which you are very thankful for. You can't stand going out alone. Especially to Seattle. Especially at night. 

Josh

hey, you up yet?

You

i am ! hru?

Josh

i'm alright, my cat woke me up by walking across my face a couple hours ago wbu?

You

real asf lmfaoo i'm great i can't fucking wait to see pigeon pit n lnl

Josh

of course of course lolz

still picking me up at 5:15?

You

yesyes

Josh

perfect

well im gonna go do some chores and shit so ill see you later !

You

sounds good ! see ya

You set your phone down and roll out of bed. You head downstairs and heat up a frozen breakfast sandwich. It's pretty damn good, as usual. You go back upstairs and get out all the makeup you'll need for tonight. That doesn't take much time, so you organize it in the order that you will apply it. Next, you open your closet and start working on an outfit. The Vera Project gets really warm because it's a small venue so you're close to all the lights/ equipment, plus they shove lots of people in there, so you usually wear shorts or skirts and short sleeves to those shows. You decide on a pair of black ripped denim shorts, a pair of fishnets with moons and stars on them, and the Pigeon Pit T-shirt you got the last time you saw them live. You lay the outfit down on the floor next to your makeup and sit on your bed and check Instagram. Nothing interesting there. You pick up your guitar and start playing a soft tune. Eventually, you come up with something you like and start making up lyrics and a melody to go along with it. Once you're happy with how the song sounds, you prop your phone up on a pillow and record a video of you playing it. If you still like it after listening to it later, you'll properly record it, you decide.