Chapter 2

Finally, enough time has passed that you can start getting ready for the show. You start by getting dressed in the clothes that you had chosen earlier and look at yourself in the mirror to make sure it's a decent outfit. You're satisfied with it, so you move on to makeup. You choose to go with a more simple look today. You draw on some wings with black liquid eyeliner and put on some fake lashes. You put some mascara on your bottom lashes and then apply a generous amount of blush and highlight. Finally, you pick some lipstick out. You go with some lipstick whose shade looks like a dusty rose. It accentuates your lip shape, which you are very fond of. At this point, it's about 5, so you grab your things and go downstairs. Your mom compliments your outfit, which makes you smile. You tell her thank you and tell her that you're going to pick up Josh now. You head out the door and get in your car.

Once you're at Josh's, you're greeted with a hug.

"Hi!" he says with a goofy smile on his face.

"Helloooo," you respond, dragging the word out.

The two of you get into your car and you put the Vera Project into Google Maps.

"You ready?" you ask.

"Hell yeah, I am!"

You pull out of the driveway as Josh connects his phone to the car. He turns on some music. He has pretty good taste in music. You like that about him. The first song that plays is camouflage by The Front Bottoms. The drive to Seattle goes by pretty fast. You park and walk to the venue. The two of you find yourselves very close to the front of the line at the Vera Project. That's the best. You sit down against the wall while you wait for the doors to open. A couple of people walk past you every once in a while to join the line. There are lots of patch vests and pants. Lots of dyed hair. Lots of tattoos and piercings. It's a cool place to be. After a while, two boys about your age walk by to get in line. You're not sure, but you think you make eye contact with one of them. That one's got dark, wavy hair with slightly reddish undertones, brown eyes, well-maintained facial hair, a cute nose, and nice eyebrows. You ask Josh if he saw him, but he was on his phone, so he didn't notice. You make a mental note to point out who it was if you see him again.

You and Josh talk until the doors open and it's time to stand up. You get a stamp on your wrist to check into the venue and walk into the lobby where the merch tables are. You buy patches from both Local News Legend and Pigeon Pit. You put them in your bag and head into the room where the stage is. You find a spot near the front and smile at Josh. You subtly keep an eye on the door, just in case you get the chance to show Josh who you were talking about earlier. After a while, the room fills up to the point where you can hardly see the door, so you give up on that and just direct your attention toward the stage, which will soon be occupied by Local News Legend. You're now fired up from the anticipation and look from the stage to Josh and back to the stage a few times. Then, the door to the stage opens and you see April and Emily walk out. The crowd cheers with excitement and the band smiles as they grab their instruments. They start your set and everyone in the audience starts dancing. A small group of people even start up a mosh pit.