~1~

~7.00 am~
Good morning Dad.' 'Good morning sweetheart. Until when do you have school today?' 'till 3pm.' 'Here is your breakfast. I need to go to work now, you watch Sam okay? See you tonight.'  Yes, i'll watch Sam, bye dad.' I gave him a hug. 'Bye Mia. Sam is still asleep by the way.' Dad leaves the kitchen and goes to work.

A minute later he comes back. 'I forgot my keys.' He always forgets his keys. I could have known it why he's back. 'Bye bye now, i'm late.' 'Bye dad' my brother and i said at the same time.

My mom died last year by a car accident, and since then i need to watch my nine year old brother Sam every morning till the schoolbus comes to pick him up. I miss my mom very much. She was my 'best friend', i could tell her anything. I still can't believe why it happened to her and not to someone else. I think about her all the time and i still cry every night, because i miss her so much.

6.30am: 'Wake up Sam, its time for school.' 'Leave me alone Mia.' I can never get him out of bed. 'Come on, dad made pancakes for breakfast.' Thats the only way to get him out of bed, because he loves pancakes. But actually Dad didn't make them. But he falls for it every single time.

'Go get dressed, i want to see you downstairs at 6.50.' 'Alright i will go get dressed, Mom.' 'Dont call me mom Sam, i just do what i need to do. I don't want trouble with Dad, you know how that feels.' Sam walked away.

'MIAA!' 'WHAT' ' i can't find the shirt that i want to wear today.' I came upstairs and see if i can find it. I looked in the closet. 'There you go, it was just in your closet.' 'Thank you Mia.'

~7.30 am~
The school bus is coming in a half hour. We are both ready for school. Sam is playing in his room and i'm  doing a little bit of homework. I hope i finish my homework on time. Yesterday i didn't have that much time for homework.

I hear a lot of rumbling from upstairs. I decided to take a look what he was doing. I caught him in my room. It was a mess. 'SAM WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING' 'N-n-othing.' 'TELL ME SAM'
'I'm sorry, i thought you stole my favorite pen so i looked for it.' 'Oh sirious? Why do you think i have your pen?' 'i couldn't find it in my room.' 'Okay i forgive you, but you need to clean this after school okay? Otherwise i tell dad.' 'Okay Mia.'

~7.55 am~
'Sam, the schoolbus is coming within 5 minutes, so get yourself ready to go!' Okay i'm coming!' I am still doing my homework. I do not want to go to school but i need to, because otherwise my dad is gonna be mad at me. I have no friends at school, only Sophie. I've known her since elementary school.

Now that Sam is gone, i have the house all by myself. Oh i got a message from Sophie.
"Mia, chemistry is cancelled, so we need to start at 11.30. Shall we go to Starbucks?"
So now i'm going to Starbucks with Sophie.