𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 - ✧

──────────────────────────a few centuries ago, before the archon war was released

──────────────────────────a few centuries ago, before the archon war was released. there was a boy named alatus who had a friend that always had his back. her name is y/n. but, after a few years chaos and havoc appeared in liyue city endangering every citizen in the region called 'liyue'

alatus was a skillful fighter so he protected y/n as if his life depends on it. enemies roamed around liyue. the archon, yakshas (including alatus) are fighting for their life and the life of the citizens. there were explosions, loud noises and broken buildings everywhere.

both of them were fighting non-stop.

"y/n, c'mon! let's go to a safer place! ASAP!" alatus said panickly. he took 'y/n's' hand and started running at a fast pace, trying to find a place that had less enemies.

little did he know.. he took some random kid's hand. "WAIT.. WHAT!? WHERE'S Y/N!?" he said while looking around the feeling of panick grew even more. "Oh no, no, no, no, NO! I CAN'T LOSE HER!" xiao screamed as he covered his ears, closing his eyes and leaned on a wall sliding down until he sat on the floor. tears welled up in his eyes. he was scared of losing her..

"mister?.. a-are you okay? why are you crying?" the child asked with a concerned expression on his face. alatus didn't answer and stayed silent as tears fell down out from his eyes to his cheeks. "thank chu for saving me!" the kid patted alatus, trying to comfort him even though he didn't understand the situation.

y/n was fighting for her life. filled with panick, stressed, exhaustion. she didn't have a choice. she had to fight.

time skip, after the war ended..

the war ended with a massive explosion. they were both unconscious on the ground but in different places. they tried to look for each other but alatus was nowhere to be found, y/n was nowhere to be found. they struggled a lot after they were forcefully seperated.

alatus was in pain and alone everyday. but some day, a cruel god got ahold of his weakness. in his youth he was enslaved by an evil god and was forced to perform cruel and horrible actions on the god's behalf. he didn't mean to do that.. he was forced..

alatus had to constantly obey the god's order and was forced to do terrible actions such as: killing people.

until one day.., a tall, brown haired man saved him from his imprisonment. his identified as 'zhongli'. zhongli renamed him to 'xiao' and took care of him with lots of kindness and care. xiao treated zhongli with tolerance and respect and served him for years.
─────────────────────────
454 words.
yvanna: thank you for reading  ! I'll write the other chapter ASAP. this is just the backstory. – ♡