CHAPTER 8

It's been a week since the auction, and since then I can't stop fucking thinking about Anastasia.

I know she's the one who's been targeting us and killing our men, but for some reason the rest of my family is hesitant to believe me.

"Just drop it," Alessio mutters, placing a hand on my shoulder as I sigh.

"You don't even know what I was thinking," I chuckle, looking over at my grinning brother as he shrugs, "Brothers' intuition," is all he says, "Get some solid proof that isn't some ink on her arm, and then they'll believe you,"

"What are you guys gossiping about?" Azalea suddenly asks, throwing her arms around our shoulders as I open the door to our newest property.

"Nothing that concerns you Lea," I say softly, looking at my sister as she frowns, "Now let's sort out what we're going to do with this place," I say decidedly, turning the lights to the property on.

I decided to take the day to look around our new property properly, taking Alessio and Azalea with me. I trust Alessio as my second-in-command, and although Azalea never cared much for our family's business, she likes to tag along with me and Alessio.

"Can I buy some pretty things to lighten it up?" Azalea asks, looping her arm through mine as she flashes her infamous smile at me.

"And see there," Alessio points at our sister's wide smile, "That is how she's so damn spoiled, that smile right there,"

Azalea pouts as she sticks her nose in the air and shrugs, "It works on Dad," she says simply, and Alessio laughs as he drags her in for a hug, "Buy whatever you want Azzy, we'll need this place looking nice for all the guns we're storing here," he teases, laughing louder as Azalea scowls.

"I'll get my laptop from Enzo's car and start shopping," she says excitedly, grinning at us as she waltzes out of the house.

"That should keep her busy," I say, "Now let's sort out the security for this place,"

Alessio nods as he unrolls the blueprint of the house, laying it on the table as I roll my sleeves up; listening as Alessio starts talking.

"I've looked over the plans for the house, and it looks as though the main entrance points are here, here, and here," he points at three points on the large piece of paper, "There are cameras at every entrance and they cover every corner of the house, all connecting to the room downstairs,"

I nod as I remember the room downstairs filled with cameras from around the property, "What about any other entrances and exits?" I ask, scanning the drawing on the paper.

"There's entrances and exits all over the place, I had just pointed out the main ones leading to carparks and garages and shit," Alessio says, "We'll need a lot of security if we want to set this place up,"

"We have a shipment of weapons coming this afternoon, and I instructed them to bring everything here," I say, looking at Alessio as he nods.

'It would be a good storage warehouse, we just need proper security," Alessio agrees, "We can Lea to find some nice locks or something," he chuckles, and I can't help but laugh as I hear her footsteps quicken at the mention of her name.

"Lea can you find us a good security system to set up by this afternoon?" I ask,

"It can be pretty and pink if you like," Alessio teases, winking at our sister as she rolls her eyes,

"What's wrong with liking pink?" she asks indignantly,

"Nothing Azzy, I just thought it could be an incentive," Alessio puts his hands up in surrender as she narrows his eyes at him.