CHAPTER 47

Alr recap since I went MIA for 2 months: Ana & Enzo kissed in the last chapter and finally confessed their feelings. They agreed to 'give it a go' but decided to keep it a secret until the end of the mission. But because of his amazing detective skills, Ari found out! Now they're raiding Leonardo's place and finally getting him. (If you don't remember Leonardo then I can't help you, maybe reread the book idk) That's all!!!
———————————————————————

I run my hands through my hair, calming my breathing as Enzo tightens the straps on my bullet-proof vest.

"Deep breaths fiore," he murmurs, kissing the top of my head.

"I am breathing," I say,

He hums in response, "Calm it then," he says, pulling me to his chest. I nod, my arms wrapping around his torso as I close my eyes.

"We're going to get him Ana," he says firmly, his confidence startling me.

"You sound optimistic," I mutter, earning a sharp pinch on my hip. "What the fuck was that for?" I say indignantly.

"You're not going to get him with that attitude," Enzo teases, laughing as I scowl at him.

"Since when were you so positive?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"One of us has to be positive sweetheart," he smirks, kissing my cheek as I can't help but smile.

"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine," I laugh, leaning into him as he wraps his arms around me. He grins a shit eating grin at me before kissing my cheek again.

Since when was Vincenzo De Santis so... like this? I don't even know how to describe it. But I like it, it's refreshing.

"Ready?" he asks, looking down at me.

I nod, sucking in a sharp breath before walking out of Enzo's embrace and to the door leading to the hallway.

Enzo follows behind me and I'm grateful to see that no one is passing by, meaning our secret is still safe.

I hear noise coming from the foyer of the floor and I hurry there to join everyone else, Enzo seemingly taking his time.

"Where is my idiota brother?" Alessio sighs as I make it to the where everyone is waiting.

I shrug, looking back to see a now solemn Enzo reaching us, "Finally, let's go," Ari mutters, raising an eyebrow at me before pressing the button on the elevator to go down.

I'm surprised at the size of the elevator and even more surprised when we all fit comfortably. There's 7 of us; myself, Ari, Gabriel, Enzo, Alessio, Luca, and Carlos. I've always preferred working in smaller teams, quality over quantity or some shit.

When we finally get to the carpark we split off into three cars; and for some reason, Enzo and I end up in the same car. Shocker.

I almost stop in my tracks as he opens the door for me, waiting until I hesitantly get in before shutting it. He goes around to the drivers side and gets in, putting his seatbelt on before starting the car and following Ari and Gabriel out of the carpark.

I look back to see Luca, Carlos, and Alessio behind us, and I can't help but let out a small laugh at how conspicuous this all looks.

"What are you laughing at?" Enzo asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Three black cars speeding down the road, I've never seen anything so suspicious in my life," I muse, watching the corners of his lips twitching up.

I'm caught off guard when Enzo places a hand on my knee, tracing circles with his thumb. Why is he automatically acting so coupley? I don't know, maybe because you guys agreed to be a couple? I don't know if I like it, it doesn't feel right. It feels strange.