6: Little Encounters

In a quite rainy afternoon, Baekhyun—a Sophomore student—found himself dragging a trolley of cleaning supplies from the school's main building towards the gym. He's one of the student assistants of the school's faculty members, and although he's not assigned under the Physical Education Teacher, he volunteered to take the duty of his fellow scholar who fell sick earlier that day. His assigned teacher was out for a seminar anyway so he got time to spare to help his co-scholar out.

He don't usually go to the gym unless they're required for their subjects as he don't like how the place gets crowded and loud most of the time. So, the thought of being alone in the wide gymnasium gave him a bit of peace of mind.

But when he entered the place, he saw a fellow student who's busy playing alone on the other side of the gym. It almost made him turn around and leave, but he thought that having one person in there with him won't be too bad. Before completely entering, he also tried to look and listen around to hopefully know ahead if there would be other students in there aside from the two of them, but he found and heard no one else.

Well, it's already past five o'clock in the afternoon so it was really expected that no students will be left strolling around the school aside from the ones who are busy with their students organisations, and the ones like him who's a scholar.

Being a part time school assistant isn't so bad. Not only that he somehow gets access to school areas with less or even no noisy students around, he could also get to spend a few minutes playing around while working. Like the last time when he got to clean up the music room after the school choir's practice, he gave himself around thirty minutes maximum to learn and play piano.

Today, he was actually thinking of trying how many times he could shoot the balls into the hoop once he's done cleaning up for the basketball team, but the presence of someone else in there made him instantly forget this idea.

Another thing about being a school assistant is that he gets to earn a little extra amount that he uses to pay for his school needs like the materials for his projects and other sorts of things. With the extra money he's earning, he gets to save up all of his allowance for his dream laptop. He knows that it will be very much helpful for him if he has one, but he can't just ask it from his Lola. Also, he's excited of the thought of buying something he really likes with the help of his hard-earned cash. It's a really good thing that this opportunity gets offered to qualified students from Sophomores to Seniors.

Today, his task is to clean out the basketball team's locker room and ensure that the place would be tidy for the next day. Although the student assistants are not really required to clean places like this everyday, a little help from them every once in a while lessens the burden their school janitor and even their teachers have every single day. Also, based on his experience, they were never tasked to clean a very dirty place or room because that'd be absurd considering they're still students there who are just helping out anyway.

In general, Baekhyun has no complaints about doing stuffs like this every once in a while.

He headed straight to the lockers, not minding the student who's still busy shooting three-pointers. Removing his plan to play around from his agenda today, he thinks he'll be done in about thirty minutes at most.

A few sweeping and mopping and wiping around the room, and almost emptying the can of air freshener to cover the scent of sweat in the air and then he's done, easy peasy. It was indeed a quick job, but he was left with three bags filled with trash to drag outside—two of which were already full even before he started cleaning up. It looks like the basketball team got a small pizza party in there, and though they bagged their trash of pizza boxes and empty cans of sodas, they seem to have just left it in there for the janitor to pick up.