THREE

Ryan smiled as he closed Dylans locker, grabbing the attention of the boy. Dylan yelped before he hit the boys shoulder.

"Asshole." Dylan muttered. Ryan smirked before looking the boy up and down.

"Yeah, that's not what you said last night." Ryan smirked as Dylan rolled his eyes.

"What happened last night?" Kaitlyn asked the two boys.

"We played MarioKart, what did you think?" Ryan answered causing Dylan to laugh. That laugh was the prettiest laugh he ever heard. He had met Dylan weeks ago and everyday he just falls in love even more.

"Yeah, kitty cat, what did you think?" Dylan repeated as he smiled at the girl. Kaitlyn smacked the back of Dylans head before walking off to Biology with Laura.

"Hey Dj." Jacob greeted the boy who smiled.

"Hey Jake, you up for tonight?" Dylan asked the boy who smiled.

"You know it! That chick Emma is going, so is Nick~." Jacob sang Nick's name in Dylans ear. He blushed before turning back to Ryan.

"I'll see you there Ry." Dylan smiled at the boy.

"We are?" Jacob whispered causing Dylan to smack him.

"It'll be fun, cmon Ry Ry." Dylan asked, he pouted. Ryan couldn't help but roll his eyes. He nodded causing Dylan to jump in excitement. "YAY!"

"Dylan calm down mate." Nick said as he appeared behind the boy. Dylan yelped once more, smacking the boys shoulder. "Sorry Babe, didn't mean to scare ya."

"Its fine, as long as that accent comes up in bed." Dylan joked, kissing Nick's cheek. Ryan hated Nick with every bone of his body. If looks could kill, Nick would be 12 feet under, not 6, 12.

"Wow Ry guy, if looks could kill, damn." Dylan joked as Ryan rolled his eyes. "Well, I gotta go talk to Mr Hackett so, bye!"

Dylan pegged Nick's lips before waving at Ryan and high fiving Jacob. Once Dylan had left, both Jacob and Nick gave the boy a glare before leaving. He knew they put up with him because Dylan liked him. He knew the rumors had stopped because Dylan became popular on his second day. He knew people treated him like a human being because Dylan fucked the football team.

He hated every second of the Pretending. Pretending that it was okay, that he and Dylan were only friends. That Dylan wasn't perfect, that Dylan wasn't made for him and he wasn't made for him.

Ryan walked over to English class, noticing Dylan wrap his arms around his waist. Something he did when he was anxious or uncomfortable. Why would Dylan feel uncomfortable.

"Mr. H." Ryan said as he knocked on the door, he noticed Dylan's sigh of relief as the man looked at Ryan.

"Ryan, you're early." Chris said as the boy walked in. "Do you need something?"

"I was wondering if I could get a day extension on the writing." Ryan asked as Chris squinted his eyes.

"Everything okay?" Chris asked the boy who nodded.

"I just had to take care of Sarah yesterday and I didn't have time to start the writing." Ryan answered ad Chris nodded.

"That's a-okay Ryan." Chris smiled. "I'll talk to you after school Dylan."

"Yeah, okay." Dylan nodded as he walked off. Ryan noticed something off with the boy. His spark was gone. What happened with him and Mr. Hackett.

Ry 🖤:
Everything okay?
Seen 8 50 AM

Dyl 💖:
Everything's fine! Dw
Seen 8 50 AM

Ry🖤:
You sure?
Seen 8 51 AM

Dyl?
Seen 8 52 AM

Are you in a lesson Dylan?
Seen 8 53 AM

I'll see you at lunch.
Seen 8 55 AM

Well that was weird. What was going on with Dylan. He's changed ever since that day he went out with the football team. The party, all of it. Somethings wrong. And Ryan made it his goal to figure it out.

Dylan sighed as he walked down the hall, opening the double doors if the cafeteria. He scanned the room for Ryan, sitting down on the table as he placed his bag. "Hey Ry, sorry for ghosting you, I was talking to Mr Warren."

"It's no big deal, you okay, you seem, off?" Ryan asked the boy who nodded.

"I'm fine." Dylan nodded before turning around to Nick, he smiled as he waved the boy over. "Hey Nicky."

"Hey Dyl." Nick sat down between the boys legs, giving him a short kiss.

"How the hell did he fall in love instantly." Kaitlyn whispered beside Ryan who shrugged. He wished he was Nick. He wished he was the one walking down the hallways with Dylan in his arms, that he would kiss and make out with Dylan. He wished it was him.

"I don't know." Ryan sighed. He kept staring at Dylan with longing eyes. The boy was having a conversation with Nick, Kaitlyn patted Ryan's back, she smiled at the boy before sitting beside Dylan.

"Hey Dylweed, Nick, you mind?" Kaitlyn asked the boy who stood up. Dylan turned to Kaitlyn. Confusion in his eyes.

"What's up Kait?" Dylan asked the girl who smiled.

"Nothing, Ryan wanted to ask you something." Kaitlyn answered. Ryan's eyes widened.

"I do?" Ryan asked the girl. Dylan turned over to him.

"What's up?" Dylan asked.

"I uh, was wondering, if you wanted to come over tonight and watch a movie. Instead of the party." Ryan asked. He couldn't ask him if he would leave Nick for him. What would Dylan say to him? What would his sister say?

"You're going, I'm picking you up at 8 with Nick." Dylan argued. Ryan sighed. So he was forced to go to a party and Nick was picking him up? He might as well stab him in the heart. Wouldn't be the first time.

But could he blame Dylan?

Nick asked him out, he didn't.

Can you take someone out without asking them?

The answer was no.

And the answer broke Ryan.