three

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Flinching at the high pitched laugh and crispy ass curse, I furrowed my brows at my best friend and my co-worker, the Arts Teacher from the same grade levels as I handle.

"Really, Ningning? Cursing at the faculty?"

"No one's around, though, and by no one, I also mean to ask when you arrived. The meeting's about to start"

"I didn't get enough sleep and I woke up early to catch up on some work"

I groaned and took out my phone. I opened the front camera and I looked miserable as hell.

Eyebags dark and heavy, hair slightly wet and disheveled. I could see a patch of dried toothpaste on the edge of my bottom lip. There was no other answer for how bad I looked but that I was definitely lacking of sleep and had bawled my eyes out for who knows how long.

"I can still feel the floor on my cheek"

"You passed out on the floor?"

"No, it was just cold and comfy"

She scoffed. She aggressively turned my face to look at her and I felt a pang of pain on my neck. At that moment, I knew I was close to death.

"Will you put your tongue back in? You're not dead"

"Sorry"

With a more concerned expression, she scratched the dried toothpaste off. She was muttering how much of an idiot I was and that it was stupid of me to show up at school like this when I could have just stayed in and rest.

And then, her face dropped. She was more than concerned, she was anxious. I knew that look on a face very well, I was accustomed to such a feeling ever since I started to live alone.

"I really wish you asked for a sick leave"

"I don't find my reason valid enough. I mean, I know why I'm like this, and I'd feel guilty to not be around on today's occassion just because I had a breakdown over something that's..."

I couldn't invalidate myself further, nor did I want to describe it as a selfish reason to feel hurt. Ningning saw how I had shut down my thoughts, so she jogged to her desk and came back with a comb.

"Can you touch up your make up while I brush your hair? You shouldn't show up to your students like this or else they might worry so much. Well, plus the meeting, of course"

I nodded and opened my make up bag. I really didn't have much energy to make myself look very presentable, but we were to hold a special meeting with the board.

Once Ningning was done, I also finished. I looked up at her and she stared at my puffed up eyes.

"They're very prominent, aren't they?"

"Weeelll... if anybody notices, maybe we could just tell them you had an allergic reaction?"

With her sheepish smile, I couldn't help but chuckle. She then crouched in front of me and held my hand, caressing the back of it with her thumb.

"I don't know what's been happening to you. All I know is that it must have mattered so much to you. If you feel the need to tell me about last night, you know you can whenever, right?"

I nodded.

"You have me. I know how lonely you currently feel, so if it gets really lonely, you know you can come to me"

I smiled.

"Thank you, I'll do my best today"

"You better" And we chuckled.

We both went out of the faculty and out came our curiosity about today's meeting. It was rumored - between us teachers - that an upcoming 'school drama' was to be shot and our school was chosen to be the main venue of their series.

We didn't know yet how big or small the series was going to be, but regardless of that, this would be a great opportunity for our school to have more students coming in the next school year.

"Guys, come faster" a co-teacher ushered us from the conference room's door. When we both got there, the room was packed with teachers standing up on the corners. The head teachers, the school board and the chairman were all seated around the table.

I comfortably found myself a spot on the back, but Ningning was excited enough for whatever was going to happen that she stood where she was clearly seen by everyone. Being such a huge introvert, staying close with her was the best option.

'But I'm a small, tiny person. I bet no one would really notice me'

'I mean, I am basically invisible amongst all these teachers. I'll be fine'

As the meeting started, everybody was briefed about what was about to happen. Turns out the rumors were true, that big celebrities were to come and have field experience here for an upcoming drama, and that our school was the top choice of the agency and the producers.

Everybody was exhilarated, it was going to be an experience that would stick to everybody from now on. It was a different kind of privilege.

The chairman had also informed us that we were to make sure we would act professional, and to treat the cast like co-workers for those assigned with such roles and students for those with student roles.

"As the drama is about a music and arts teacher exploring each other's definitions of art and figuring out about the 'art of love'..."

The teachers squealed in excitement. I wanted to kill the fun by giving a heavy sigh but Ningning got to me first.

"Ugh, love" She whispered and I giggled.

"Do you not love me, though?"

"What? Eww" Then she laughed and gave me a peace sign.

The assignments came in and some of Ning's students under the acting major - those that were training under entertainment agencies - were listed as background actors and would then be submitted to the director and producers for another briefing.

The major roles came in. Ningning was the top-performing arts teacher in our school thus she was picked to assist and guide the leading actor who was going to play the arts teacher.

I knew she was trying to hold back a funny expression, Ningning's just so not into getting close with men.

As for the leading actress...

"They said the original leading actress changed her mind in terms of accepting the role, but they have a possible new lead. The new lead's management wants to join the evaluation for the assigned faculty and after that, will hold discussions with our school board for confirmation before disclosing the identity of the actress. Evalutions will also be held for the other assigned faculties so please do make sure to do your best later"

'Oh? I guess that happens in the acting industry, huh...'

We were showed who the lead actor was and this caused a pit of squeals and excitement inside the office.

It was Lee Heeseung, a huge celebrity and actor known for his good looks and commendable acting.

Deep in the space of thought, I was suddenly brought back to my senses by a pair of hands shaking me on my shoulders.

The deafening silence on my mind faded away and the surrounding gasps and cheers went up to full volume once more.

Ningning stopped shaking me and I looked at her obliviously.

"... Why did you-"

"You didn't hear it? You're chosen to teach the lead actress!"

'Ahh..'

'How fortunate... I think'