Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

**Johnny's POV**

I guess I should be happy. Right? I don't honestly know. I'm glad I am... Sorta... But then again I'm sad I'm leaving the only friend I have. You only live once so why not give it a try? They're going to hate me though. Like everyone else.

I lay in my bed trying to think this over. Me? Me? Really? Why me? There's nothing special about me. NOTHING. Nothing at all.

"Hey Rachel." I whispered.

"What?"

"I can't wrap my head around this. Or sleep. I just... Why me?"

She sat up. "Listen Johnny. You deserve this. I'll be adopted one day too. Just calm down. Your beautiful and intelligent and smart and perfect. They're lucky they have you now. Don't question it. Be happy. Ok?"

"Ok. I just-"

"No. Don't question it."

"Thanks." I said, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes. Nightmare most likely again... I have a lot of these.

•• 3 am ••

I woke up crying and shaking. I knew I would have another nightmare. Rachel is here trying to calm me down along with Reese.

"Shh... It's ok baby girl. You'll be ok. Nothing can hurt you. Nothing. Shhh..." Reese said. I nodded. I was still crying and shaking. Why does this always happen?

"Hey. Hey your ok. See no scratches. Nothing. Your ok. Alright? Alright. Go back to sleep. Think of like ponies or whatever." Rachel said. I smiled.

Reese left the room. I stopped shaking and crying and sniffled a few times before I went back to sleep.

I had no dream after that. Thank God. I woke up around 7 am along with everyone else. I don't really ever eat, so I didn't eat breakfast.

"Hey loser someone finally wanted you." My bully, Georgia, said. "Just know. Truly you aren't wanted." She whispered.

"Whatever. I'm just glad I get to get away from you. By the way I'm getting adopted before you. Just let that sink in." I said. She looked like she was ready to smack me.

After realizing she wasn't going to do anything I went up to my room and called my brother.

"Hello?" Luke answered.

"Heyyy! Guess. What."

"What?"

"I got-"

"ADOPTED!" He screamed. It was so loud I had to pull the phone away from my ear.

"Yepp!" I said.

"Congratulations!"

"Thanks. I just wanted to call and let you know because well, your my brother. Tell James too!"

"Ok. Gotta go bye I love and miss you!"

"Love and miss you too! Mwuah!" I said and hung up.

I started pacing back and forth. What if they don't like me? What if I act stupid? What if... What if... What if... I'm too stupid? I don't even know anymore... I worry over the stupidest things. Maybe they'll actually like me..?

Deep. Breaths. Deep. Breaths.

"They'll hate you." one part of me said.

"Don't think that! Be yourself and you'll be fine!" The other part said.

I kept listening to the little voices in my head. Arguing. I gave myself a headache. I sat there, thinking it over until my alarm went off.

Three o'clock pm. I have exactly a half an hour until I'm leaving. For good. I raced down the stairs to find Rachel actually getting along with the other girls. I cannot interrupt that. I slowly backed up the stairs.