Prologue

Meet Me At Our Spot?
-

Meet Me At Our Spot?-

-

"Quote not yet decided"
-

-A dalliance of warm seemingly sun-speckled wind wafts through the trees

-
A dalliance of warm seemingly sun-speckled wind wafts through the trees. Following in its path a rather vocal fit of Psithurism tells the tale of dreamy childhood summers. It speaks of their story.

It weaves through the branches of that ever so sat-under Willow tree. Molding itself into the ways of the wind and circling that beloved alcove that acts as a point of reconnection and solace for the star-crossed lovers.

The Willow tree welcomes them back time and time again. The branches may be withering with age, yet such things never forget watching the kids grow up. Every word exchanged between Giselle and Fred under the shade of the tree shrouds the space.

Whispers are what the breeze carries. There talks. Forever-flowing. Never finished when they think it has.

It's the wind that mimics their words. The Willow tree partakes in a conversation with the draft whenever it sighs upon its leaves being brushed by the speaking current. It moans in irritation each and every time the pair parts. In an equal manner it creeks expectantly when they are to reunite hoping that it'll be the year in which they finally won't have to part. Alas, it always happens. That dreaded goodbye.

The tree and its branches droop at the sight. Emitting murmurings like a thing that grieves.

They are nothing more than kids at this story's start. However, like many before them as time passes and the number of summers they spend together increases Giselle and Fred become foundations of one another's homes, for they support each other from soul to eyes of mirth.

It's simple enough, isn't it?

He loves her and She loves him. That is what they are, and it's what they will become, friends turned lovers that belong together in this life and evermore.

Yet, they aren't meant nor allowed to be with one another. A world of things gets in their way. Archaic structures. Their respective roles in society. Being raised on opposing sides of the war efforts.

That shouldn't matter, should it?

For Fred loves her and Giselle loves him.

It's been that way since the moment they met under the magical Willow tree in his backyard. That faithful spot where all is the same. They find themselves on equal ground. A place where the wind ruffles through the fur of the tiniest mouse to the grandest lion.

It's their spot. The spot in which bloomed the love of a lifetime. The one place that conjoins their worlds in that sweet embrace-like breeze, that only manifests in the hot summer season, when their souls melt into the ether and return with fresh wisdom.

It should be enough, shouldn't it?

Only time will tell.

They'll age and like all things, they will grow into their own, but will the inevitable weight of the world come in between them and wreak havoc on their sacred meeting place?

Will Fred and Giselle make it to the other side?

Better yet, will they make it to the other side together?

-
-
-
-
Hi <3
Short little prologue! Very different from that of my last book but I didn't want to info dump 😅! How are we feeling? Hope everyone is as excited as I am 🤭
Talk soon!
X.X.Mari