chapter 1 | helpless and hopeless

______________________

LOVE & WAR
by: yellow claw, yade lauren

____________________

"if all is fair in love and war, i can't do this anymore."

Samantha Welschen walked through the halls of the Royal Woods Middle School, she wore a dress that stops directly above her knees, a blue and black sketchers jacket that covered her up, and blue sneakers with knee socks

In her grade, she was known to be what some might say a 'trendsetter ' they were impressed by how she could match clothes from different styles, and it would surprisingly still go well together.

Everyone wanted to be her friend as they pile at her during school everyday. All except for one, the egocentric athlete, Lynn Loud Jr.

However, it didn't bother her that much (she's joking it does). She thought of it as a game of cat and mouse, one will be at lost, and one will win.

"cause nothing is fair in love and war." she mumbled under her breath walking towards her first class of the day.

"what are you mumbling? dirtbag." and here she goes again with those shitty nicknames. If you choose to be my enemy please create a more irritating insult.

"oh? is the infamous lynn loud jr. talking to me?"

"could it be that you finally realize that you're gaining nothing from this petty fight?" samantha said walking in front of the slightly tall girl as they both halt from walking. Her eyes were showing a tint of mischief looking directly at the brown-haired who 'not-so-obviously' glared at sam's teasing face.

"you wish horse shit."

'oh, okay. that's how you wanna play huh'

Without a hint of shyness, Samantha walked closely towards Lynn, their body was so close together that they could both feel each other's warmth. The shorter girl then grab Lynn's chin with her hand, whispering something in her ear.

"you better watch your mouth loud, before i shut it myself."

Before Sam could retract from their current position, Lynn wasted no time and grabbed her hand, pulling her more close.

"what an interesting offer welschen, i would like to see you try."

The athlete pulled away, entering the room as class was about to begin, Samantha stood there for a good 30 seconds a smirk present on her face.

'this is going to be so fucking fun.'

Walking inside the room, Samantha sat upfront with a well known football player sitting next to her. This situation of course did not go unnoticed by Lynn as both of her hands were tightly gripped into a fist, as she wore a fiery expression.

The whole class could feel it, the aura of someone jealous.

And the question is, who is it coming from?

And why was this person so freaking oblivious of her own feelings?

_______________

Not long after, school had already ended. Each student walked out of their last class some are already going home, while others stayed back due ti club activities.

And one of those people who stayed back was Samantha Welschen. No, she wasn't part of any clubs since they haven't considered to build one that revolves around music or photography.

So if she hasn't joined any clubs why is she still staying back you ask?

It was because one particular room in the whole school that only she knew about.

The old and dusty music room. It was right around the pathway that leads to the school's gym.

"let's see, what should i play for today?" the blonde asked herself sitting at a chair facing the piano.

she then decided to play a classic, the merry-go-round of life from a hit anime movie howl's moving castle.

readying herself, she let the music take over her.

On the other side of the door, a certain jock walked pass by the old and dusty music room that screamed 'haunted'.

That was what she thought of it until she was captivated with an enchanting music.

Curiously, she went over to the window that was located on the door and peeked inside. There she was, the girl she absolutely despised, her blonde hair swayed with her body as the sunlight framed her face. The voice inside Lynn's head couldn't help itself as it labeled the girl she was currently looking at as 'the most majestic being she had ever seen'.

"she looks, beautiful." the athlete mumbled breathlessly, she was taken aback.

lynn stood there, unable to move, a stupid smile on her face. it's almost like she doesn't have a care about what was around her.

like how she didn't see nor feel her bestfriend Margo creeped at her back, looking over her shoulder. she had definitely seen the starry eyes her teammate had given the fashion diva.

"ahhh young love." Margo said dreamingly as she silently snickered while walking to the baseball field.

the song had ended making lynn snap out of her trance. she panicked, hurriedly running away before samantha could look over the door.

as she reached the field, lynn stood at the grounds clutching her head that was occupied with various of thoughts that made her very confused.

'what the fuck was that lynn?'

'why were you looking at that fashionista chick?!'

'are you un-hating her?!'

'no, no, no'

'maybe it's just because of the music, right?'

'i mean- yeah, yeah stop. it is all because of the music, nothing else.'

'WHY THE FUCK AM I TALKING WITH THE VOICES IN MY HEAD?!'

the helpless girl paced on the grounds back and forth. her team looked at their captain as if she was a 'mad man', while Margo hid her face behind her hand holding a laugh.

"oh lynn, how hopeless you are."