Chapter 1: Rift

READER ADVISORY

To fully understand the timeline the Fanfictions align in, please read the bio. For those who are new to RealDone Fanfiction or those who just did not see the bio: RealDone Fiction is a Fanfiction universe, meaning that every story connects to a larger, linear narrative. Therefore, please note that the prior and future Fanfictions have an integral part to play in giving history to the events of this Fanfiction and in furthering them.

 A WOMAN sat in the passenger seat, next to her husband who drove through San Fransokyo. A news report was on the radio about the Cello Act instated as law, banning matter transportation experiments in Amersia. The man changed the radio station.

      "Why'd you change that? It seemed important," The woman said.

      "Well, I don't want to listen to that stuff," The man said, "Lost my job because of the Flying Sparrow accident and I don't want to hear anymore of it,"

      "Don't worry, honey," The woman said, placing her hand on his lap, "We'll get through this,"

      "I sure hope so; driving people around the city's not a great pleasure," The man said.

The woman gave the man a warm smile and he turned at an intersection.

The man parked the car in front of his house and he got out with his wife. They entered their apartment and found a man seated comfortably in their living room.

      "We've got to talk, Charles," The man said.

Charles's eyes nearly popped out of his head as he got the gravely unpleasant surprise.

      "Who is this?" The woman asked.

      "It's nobody, I –,"

      "Nobody, huh?" The man said as he got to his feet, "Well, maybe I should remind you who my boss is,"

The man grabbed Charles by his collar and the woman tried release his grip.

      "Let go of him," The woman said.

      "Where's the money?" The man asked.

      "I – I don't have it yet," Charles responded.

      "It's been over a month; you were supposed to pay us two months ago!" The man said, "Where is the money?"

      "You know I lost my job," Charles said, "I need more time,"

      "You should've thought of that before you borrowed from us," The man said.

The man drew a gun from his pocket and pressed it against Charles' neck.

      "Drop the gun," A voice said calmly.

The man turned to see a man in a black mask with two vertical crimson lines on the sides of his face, a brown jacket, black jeans and sneakers standing at the corner of the room wielding a gun.

      "You think you can shoot me first? I've got the gun to his neck; you drop the gun," The man said.

      "Drop the gun," The masked man said.

The man cocked the gun and the masked man shot him in his ribs. The woman screamed and Charles stepped back. The man stumbled back, holding his ribs in pain and the masked man punched him out.

The masked man grabbed the man before he fell over and shouldered him. The masked man picked up the gun the man dropped and headed out the back door of the house.