chapter 5

It was starting to rain harder and we were still kissing. It felt right but also rushed, I didn't know much about Daryl but I didn't want to pull away either. So I just stood there, kissing him back. He pulled away and smiled at me with a huge grin. 

"Did that all happen to fast?" He asked still smiling. 

"I mean, it was a little rushed. But I don't mind." I smiled back at him and he smiled again at me. Then as we walked back into the prison he grabbed my hand in his. We walked into the main area and everyone was looking at us. Carl and Glenn were smirking at us and moving their eyebrows up and down. Rick was giving Daryl a funny look, but Carol was staring at me, with a dirty look on her face. I felt awkward, but I also felt good. Glenn was the first one to break the silence.

"So you guys, again, is there something going on here?"

Daryl looked at him and said, "nothing at all." Smiling at me and then at Glenn. 

After we had all talked about the pig pen and the mud and what happened between me an Daryl, Rick wanted everyone to try and get some stuff done.

***

Me, Michonne, and Rick were killing walkers at the gate, Maggie and Glenn were up in the watchtower, and Carol and the kids were gardening. 

"Hey Rick, what's Daryl doing?" I hadn't seen him in a while. 

"I think he's taking a nap before we go on our run." 

"Run?"

"Yeah me, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn, and Maggie all go look for supplies for a couple days." 

"Oh that's cool, do you find stuff most of the time?"

"Yeah but food isn't very easy, if you wanted I'm sure that you could come with us. I mean you did survive alone for 4 years I think you could handle it."

"Yeah I'd love to come."

"Alright well you might wanna eat and get some rest before we leave."

"Okay, thanks Rick." I smiled at him, and walked up to the prison entrance to go get some lunch. I went into the cafeteria and grabbed some canned pineapple, and a fork. Once I was done with the pineapple I went into my cell and fell asleep.

***

"Are you guys ready?" Asked Rick loading supplies into the trunk of the car.

"Yeah, we're all ready." Glenn said.

"Let's roll, shall we?" We nodded towards Rick and hopped into the car. I sat in the back with Glenn and Daryl, and Michonne sat in the front with Rick, we didn't have enough room in the car for Maggie. We rode in silence and occasionally saw walkers. It took us about an hour to find somewhere that they hadn't visited before. It was a pizza place that looked really dirty on the outside. Rick tried to open the door but it was locked, the door was made of glass so he knocked on the glass to see if there were any walkers inside. None came so he grabbed a rock off the ground and smashed one of the doors so we could go inside. Everyone stepped in except for me and Daryl. He stopped in front of me and kissed me before he turned around and stepped inside. We were all in the main room, except for Glenn. Once we all noticed he was missing we heard him yell.

"Hey guys come here!" 

We walked into the room that Glenn was in and there was a girl sitting there on the floor, looking at all of us. She had pizza dough in a bowl with three water bottles next to it. She had a sweater hanging on the wall and two other outfits in a pile in the corner. She had brown hair and hazel eyes and looked to be around 13. Rick walked closer towards her and she scooted back.

"Hey, it's okay, we're good people." Rick was trying to make her feel better so she wouldn't be so scared.

"The people that killed my parents said that too." She was still scared and I felt bad for her. 

"Don't worry, we don't kill people, we have a safe place you can stay if you'd like to come." She looked at Rick uneasy and we could all tell she wasn't lightening up. 

"I'm not sure how I can believe you."

"I can understand that, we don't usually trust people either. But your only a little girl, besides we have other kids your age where we stay and you'll have plenty of things to do. We will give you time to make your choice but do you mind if we stay here for the night?"

"No, that's fine." Everyone went to lay down and Daryl came towards me and sat down next to where I was laying. 

"Goodnight." He smiled and layed down next to me.

"Goodnight."

***

I was the last one to wake up and from what I could tell Rick had a bag of pepperoni, pizza dough, and sauce. I went up to him and asked him, "Rick, did she decide to come with us? Because if not then we can't just take her food."

"Yeah she wants to come with us." I nodded and went to go help pack the car, but before I could make it outside Glenn and Michonne were running back in.

"Guys there's a herd going by, stay quiet and we can go after they pass."

We all kneeled down on the floor being as quiet as we could. Daryl came over and sat by me and kissed my cheek which made me smile. It only took about ten minutes for the herd to pass and soon enough we were heading back home.