Epilogue

1 year later...

I dropped a few mice onto the prey pile under the ferns. The snow made it much harder to hunt, I wasn't sure if I could keep the prey pile full. The travelers who stop by are normally looking for rest. Smokey and Cloud had decided to stay for good, they were a big help, even if they mostly laid in the sun. 

Star Flower padded into the camp, a bundle of herbs in her jaws. Her eyes were dull, she was the only one who knew about herbs, she had to deal with both forest and lake camps. Wolf and a few others had passed, it was clear that it was starting to take a toll on Star Flower. I waved my tail, "Thank you for coming. Over there under the brambles, Holly has an infected wound that's bothering her."

Star Flower dipped her head and slipped under the brambles. "Moth?"

I looked over my shoulder, Rose was standing behind me, "Could I get some more moss for my bed? It's a little cold."

"Yeah. Under the roots of the pine tree beside the hill, there should be a few balls of moss." I said, Rose dipped her head, "Thank you."

"Moth! Moth!" I sighed, what could it be now? Night dashed into the camp, his eyes were wide with worry, a few travelers got to their paws, ready to help. I blinked, "What's wrong?"

"It's Raven!" Night said, "He's missing!"

I felt my heart start to race, Opal was right, Raven would try to free Bone after Wolf had passed.