Chapter 3

A few months after losing Harrison, Victoria was never the same.

The doctor had informed her that  Harrison had died from poisoning but there was no way to find out what it actually was.

Even when she thought about what he could've possibly had, not getting any closer to figuring it out only made her feel as if she was going insane.

Without her loving husband by her side, everything around her was different. Even the nature all around her had lost its beauty.

They had promised to be with each other forever and she was now on her own.

It was evening and she had just taken a shower but was in no mood to dress up so she sat down on the floor in her robe.

With nothing making sense to her anymore, she constantly thought about him and how he had.

I miss you so much. I feel like I'm dead, too.

Suddenly, the door swung open and when Oscar walked in, she jerked her head in that direction and got up the moment he locked the door and she noticed his unbuttoned shirt.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

He licked his lips while stroking his chin. "I came to sleep here, beautiful."

His words left her in so much disbelief that she didn't even move from her spot as he got closer.

He held onto her wrist to pull her towards him but she resisted by pushing him away. He then held onto her shoulders and tried to kiss her by force but she pushed him again and slapped him.

"What's wrong with you?!" she yelled.

He touched his cheek while glaring at her. "Harrison's dead so move on!"

"He will always be the only one for me so get out! Get out!" she yelled while pointing at the door.

With a scoff, Oscar rubbed his cheek as he unlocked the door to leave.

As soon as she was alone, she rushed to the door and locked it.

A few minutes later, she heard Beatrice banging on the door and demanding she open up.

When Victoria opened the door, she noticed Beatrice breathing hard as she pointed at her. "How dare you?!"

Victoria lightly shook her head. "I don't unders-"

Victoria was slapped hard and as she tried to process it, she was slapped a second time on her other cheek.

"How dare you slap my handsome son? On top of that, you rejected him?I'll make your life more miserable in this house! Mark my words!"

As Beatrice walked away, Victoria just stood by the door and shut her eyes as tears trickled down her cheeks.

~

Not wanting to spend another minute in the mansion, which had only become a source of misery, Victoria packed her bags the following morning and when she was downstairs, Beatrice and Oscar rushed to her.

"Where do you think you're going?" Beatrice asked.

"I have no reason to be here so I'm leaving," Victoria said.

As Victoria was about to drag her bags out, Beatrice pushed her to the floor and looked down at her as Oscar held onto her shoulders to keep her in place, then called all the workers.

When they were all present, Beatrice instructed them to ensure Victoria  wouldn't leave the house. If she ever tried it, they needed to lift her and take her back upstairs. She finished off her instructions with a warning of firing everyone if Victoria would succeed in leaving.

~

The next few weeks were nothing short of misery and loneliness for Victoria.

She was mistreated and it got worse everyday because she continued rejecting Oscar. No matter what came her way, she decided to be loyal to Harrison.

It was late at night and Victoria was sleeping when Beatrice unlocked the door and walked in.

When Victoria heard noises, she sat up and opened her eyes to see the lights on, then saw Beatrice standing by the bed with her hands behind her back. In a hurry, she got out of bed and landed on the other side as she stared at Beatrice with wide eyes, her heart pounding in her ears.