chop chop

I glare at my curly hair. Why can it not cooperate for once? I literally brush it out, try to brush it into a ponytail, and then I have to start over again because it gets tangles again. I hate it! I flop down on my bed ready to go except my hair is a literal bush on my head. Let me describe my hair... It is very long and very curly and I really hate it, especially in the summer because it's hot and humid and my hair just sucks. I storm around the empty cabin trying to do something to my hair since I can't just leave it down or else it will just get matted and tangled. It is just too God dam long. I flop down on my bed and scream out of frustration. Why can't I have straight nice hair? I feel like there is nothing I can do to make it better. Nothing I do works! I straighten it and it just frizzes up. I do a bunch of different methods. Nothing has worked. 

I literally just want to chop it all off. I gaze at the desks in the corner of the room and I see a pair of scissors shimmering in the late afternoon sun. I impulsively walk over to the scissors, grab them, and storm to the bathroom. 

My eyes are drawn to the scissors and then to the mess on top of my head. Good bye hair. I start hacking at my hair at my shoulders. Once I chop off most of my hair, I toss it in the trashcan and brush my remaining hair out. It's so much easier to brush now since the it is no longer matted. The ends are still a little uneven so I continue to cut until it is a little past my chin. I swish my hair around and it feels so lightweight. I brush it out again and style it so my curls pop out a little bit. 

I don't have to bother with putting my hair up so I just head outside my cabin and walk down to the dining pavilion. I spot Percy and I decide to surprise him.

"Guess who!" I tease before he can turn around. I turns around and smiles.

"Hey Wi- Did you cut your hair?" I nod and smile. "I like it!"

"You don't hate it?" I ask.

"I mean I'll always like your long hair but you look amazing no matter how you do your hair." He says with a smile.

"Thank you." I say as I blush. I give him a soft kiss and then sit down for lunch.