Chapter 1 :)

After a long day of work, I really just want to rest. I'm not up to hear Lucy and the weird dudes she brings to our apartment, so I'll try to find another place to rest.

The smell of gasoline spreads through the air as I walk on the sidewalk, trying to figure out where I should go. 

A small wooden bench in the distance catches my eye. Looks good enough to me.

I quickly make a dash pass the road and land on the other side. I approach the bench before sitting down, making a small creak from the wood.

I pull out my phone from my coat pocket and tap the screen, showing a picture of me and my best friend. I still wonder how we even became friends in the first place.

Anyways, I pull out my earbuds from my other pocket and plug it in my phone. I enter my password then go on Spotify, playing Strawberry Shortcake by Melanie Martinez.

I listen to the music for a while, even turning up the volume a little before feeling a presence beside me. Curious, I turn to my side and flinch from the sudden sight of a person sitting next to me.

I see his mouth moving, but it's all muffled.

I pause my phone and turn to him again.

"Sorry, uh, what did you say? I didn't hear you." I said.

The man clears his throat before talking again.

"Sorry if I scared you. You're a jumpy one, aren't ya?"

I stay silent, leaving an awkward silence between us before he finally speaks up again.

"Uh, what are you doing here anyway?"

I attempt to respond. "Got off from work earlier. Decided to spend my time here to calm down."

"That's nice," he spoke. "Hey, uh, I know this is very sudden, but.. can I have the pleasure of taking you out? For a date?"

What the? I barely even know this guy, and he's asking me on a date? I mean, you only live in a certain body once. Might as well say yes.

"...sure?"

"Alright! It's a deal then! We'll go to the place that you work at! See you at 6-"

"Wait!" I interrupt him. "...how do you know where I work?"

"Oh, um, I saw you come out of that restaurant wearing a uniform, so I assumed you work there."

"Oh," I sigh. "Okay, uh, is 6 okay?"

"Any time is okay! As long as you're free!"

With that, he stood up and skipped away like a kindergartener who just told his crush that he likes them.

...

...okay then.

I sigh as I stand up and walk back to my apartment. Lucy's gonna freak out when I tell her I have a date.

(437 words)