A Star is Born

Prologue

December 30th 1998

"He's so beautiful Julia, so small and so little."

Nicholas looked down at the warmly cottoned lump in his large hands. He was so fragile, yet firm. The baby that would one day be a part of the memories of billions of children worldwide. One day he would be the guy in the big red suit who could wrap any seemingly un-wrappable present. The guy who could travel the globe in a single night and the guy who could make even the biggest Scrooge simper.

Yet for now, Nicholas Giftson Junior was a less than week old baby, who snuggled into his father's body warmth and nestled calmly, unaware of his impending destiny. There were no presents to wrap yet but he had already wrapped Nicholas around his little finger.

"You look so in love with him,"

Nicholas looked back for that soft melodic comment and saw his wife approach. Julia was still that young human woman his father had introduced him to a decade before. The maroon bathrobe wrapped its way around her small waist, directly across her navel where he knew crept a galaxy of countless freckles that Nicholas could always count and kiss. That same galaxy that had held his son, who now in his hands had become his world.

"Because he reminds me of you." He whispered, a shy smile on his lips. Her grey eyes brightened and she approached, resting her dark head on his broad pale shoulders.

"I want him happy. I want him to be so happy Nicholas."

"He will be."

"He's got so much of a responsibility what if- "

"You forget he's a Claus, it's in his blood." He firmed. Just like himself and his father before him it was instinctual.

Julia nodded, but bit a thin tense lip.