Chapter 29 : The Subordinated Castle

The maid gave the plate full of pomegranates to the Grand Duke.

Isabel who saw that, looked towards Sienna as if asking her with her eyes,

'What is this???'

Sienna looked at her and replied with her eyes,

'How would I know? I am seeing it for the first time in my life!'

Isabel sighed. So did Sienna.

Both of them were wondering what kind of new plot was gonna unfold looking at the pomegranates in the hands of Grand Duke.

Then Grand Duke broke the pomegranate with his bare hands.

"!!!!"

Sienna and Isabel looked at that in horror.

The kids were watching their mothers' reaction in amusement. They of course knew what was happening.

Soon the Grand Duke tore the pomegranates into nine pieces with his bare hands.

The butler came forward and put those pieces into plates. Then he put those plates in front of each member of family.

Kids, Ashiel, Michael and Grand Duke began eating the pomegranate but Sienna and Isabel did not.

They both were just staring at the pomegranate in front of them.

The butler congratulated both of them.

"???"

"???"

Devon who saw their confusion came forward and explained both the ladies.

"In Nacht, when welcoming a new family member, there is a custom of eating the Pomegranate handed out by the Patriarch himself."

"...."

"...."

'Is it okay to eat this?'
Isabel was asking Sienna with her eyes again.

'Do you think we have an option?'
Sienna seemed to reply with her eyes.

Isabel picked up the pomegranate and took a bite without thinking anymore.

Sienna also picked up a small red grain of pomegranate and put it in her mouth.

The moment she swallowed thr red beans,

"!!!!"

all the Nacht men and kids started looking at her.

"????"

Sienna also looked at them and was confused as to why they all were looking at her.

Isabel was also confused.

'Why is everybody looking at Sienna like that?' She thought.

"W-what?"

Sienna asked all of them and then she looked at Lucas for an explanation.

"The castle just became subordinated to you mom!" He replied.

"What?" Sienna asked who did not understand.

"Wow! In our time it was already subordinated and became your realm before our birth so this is the first time we are witnessing this! It's amazing!!" Hestia exclaimed.

"What do you mean? I-I don't understand. I didn't even do anything." Sienna replied.

"Nope! You did! You just ate the pomegranate aunty!" Perez said grinning ear to ear.

"Huh?"

Then Lucas started explaining to stop the growing confusion of his mother.

"Mom, eating the pomegranates given by the head of the family is a ritual of Nacht where the castle accepts a person as a blood relative and guarantees its protection. But since you are a Terraformer, it is you who will protect this castle from fraud and impurities. So the moment castle accepted you, it became your realm and was subordinated to you. And we all, who are bloodline of Nacht, are currently feeling the effect of that subordination through our skin! We can feel the castle being purified and cleaned!"

The Grand Duke, Ashiel and Michael nodded at Lucas' explanation. Hestia, Perez and Regina were also smiling looking at Sienna.

"Wow!" Isabel exclaimed.

"It means now no one will be able to put any sort of Judicial Law in this castle anymore!" Perez said.

'I did not know it.'

Sienna thought.

[It is true.]

Hesaros spoke to her.

[Now this castle is your realm. This castle has accepted you and will no longer resist your Purification and fall for any judicial law.]

'I never thought just swallowing a small grain of pomegranate will have such a large effect.'

***
At that same time, Loreina in the dungeon started feeling uncomfortable.

It was but obvious! Loreina was the host of Judicial Law and Fraud. The moment castle was purified, Loreina who was the host of such impurities started feeling uncomfortable. She started struggling through her gags and started shaking her body. She was grunting and trying to scream, unable to bear the pain of being purified.

The guards who saw that, were irritated. One of the guards went upstairs to inform about the abnormalities Loreina was showing.

***

As the peaceful breakfast was coming to an end, suddenly a guard came running in the dinning hall.

"My Lord! My Lord!"

The guard came screaming.

"What happened?"

Grand Duke asked. Other family members were also looking at him.

"My Lord, Lady Loreina is wriggling and screaming in the dungeon."

"Okay. Go back."

The Grand Duke ordered.

"Of course it will happen!" Lucas said, drinking water.

Others looked at him.

"Yep! That moron is the host of Judicial law and fraud. And mom just purified the castle. She, who carries such impurities must be writhing in pain right now! Tsk!" Regina said eating the pudding.

"We must go and look at the situation before something serious happens."
Isabel said.

All of them nodded at her suggestion.

***

Everyone came in the underground dungeon where Loreina was kept.

And all of them were horrified to see what has happened to Loreina!