✧ Pathogen ✧

⚠️Author's Note⚠️: The Georgia font is recommended because Venom will speak to the main character in bold text so I recommend using a font that utilizes

⚠️Author's Note⚠️: The Georgia font is recommended because Venom will speak to the main character in bold text so I recommend using a font that utilizes. I'm not sure all font options support it but it'll make the story much easier to read, I'm sure. Part of this text is in bold, but if none of it is for you CHANGE YOUR FONT.

⚠️Don't forget to vote if you enjoy⚠️

...
...
...

I ran through the halls of the Wakandan School for Alternative Studies. The prestigious academy was designed for meta-humans and children deemed "gifted" throughout the nation. With genius-level teenagers and the superheroe'd running around you can probably imagine there's never a dull moment. Speaking of running...

"Mr. N'Jadaka!" My chemistry teacher, Mr. Mutombo, barked as I stumbled in late, "So nice of you to finally join us, please, tell us what kept you from your academic obligations,"

"Ah- Yeah, see funny story. I was excited about the trip and stayed up doing some research but I overslept! I ran out the house with a piece of toast stuffed in my mouth, but then my bus drove off right in front of me! Then-"

An exaggerated snore then made the entire class laugh when they turned around to see Amari N'Yobu fake sleeping. Amari was captain of the soccer team and his greatness on the field had earned him the nickname Flash, but the version of him I remember best is Amari, the one I grew up with. Y'know, I had a couple of nicknames at the school too actually... None positive but I had'em.

"Geez! You gonna get to the funny part, N'Jadaka?" Flash dragged the joke but people were still chuckling. Man, popular kids had it on easy mode. Know damn well it wasn't that funny!

Eventually, Mr. Mutombo reeled the class back in and we all began boarding the school bus. The Genetic Institute of Birnin Zana had opened its doors after decades of private operation and the school took advantage of the teaching moment. While I was geeking over the chance to learn from world-class scientists, that wasn't the only thing keeping me up last night.

I awkwardly stood near the back entrance of the school, watching my classmates duo up to sit together. Eventually, I had to get on the bus without ever seeing Miliana Jundana. Everyone else called her MJ but I just called her dreamy, and not seeing her left me disappointed. Thankfully, I spotted MJ in the back of the bus with an open window seat! Our eyes met and I tried to play it off by darting my head away but quickly met Mr. Mutombo. He patted the obviously open seat next to him and I cringed.

The next forty-five minutes of my life were then spent with a coffee-breathed teacher lecturing me about the importance of responsibility and integrity. Admittedly, I did have an issue with running late but it's not like I didn't care. Me and time just didn't mesh I suppose, it ducked but I had a habit of weaving.

Eventually, we arrived at the genetics lab and Mr. Mutombo did a headcount like three times over before letting us head towards the entrance. The air outside felt a bit chilly and the city was covered in a misty fog from the surrounding rainforest, perfect field trip weather. We were greeted by a man and woman dawned in lab coats, they looked around college age.