⋆ ✦ ˚。 Part twenty-one ˚。⋆

╔══════════════════════╗
ENTRY NO. 016
TIME LEFT: 1 DAY

[y᥆ᥙr ᥱᥒtry fr tdy hᥲ᥉ bᥱᥱᥒ ᥉ᥱᥒt... ]

✩ ◛ .⋆
╚══════════════════════╝

𓆩⟡𓆪
╰┈➤ "𝑰'𝒎 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 the future!"

As I blurted out those words, Dan Heng's expression shifted from confusion to disbelief. He stared at me—his eyes searching for any sign that I was joking.

But the earnestness in my voice and the vulnerability on my face told him that I was being serious.

"From the future?" he repeated, his voice barely above a whisper. "How is that even possible?"

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my emotions as I began to explain. "I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. I came from a time far ahead of this one. I don't fully understand how it all works myself, but, I'm here, in this place."

His eyes were wide with astonishment, and he took a step closer to me, as if trying to get a better grasp of what I was saying.

"But why? Why did you come back to this time?"

I hesitated, unsure of how much to reveal, but I knew I had to be honest with him.

"I came back because...the ocean no longer exists. At least, not in a way that you're used too," my voiced cracked a little, "I just—I just wanted to see it again, one last time."

He seemed to process my words, and a mix of emotions flickered across his face—surprise, confusion, and even a hint of sadness.

"That explains all your weird behavior then. Saying you haven't seen a new book in ages—even knowing about a book that's not out yet. And your house too, no furniture, no food...not anything other than school uniforms to wear."

"That's right, here I basically have no identity."

And you—you even knew about my alias as Lunae..." he paused to look at me, "you lived like this, without anyone to share the burden, the whole time?"

I chuckled softly, even in a situation like this he was still worried about my own feelings.

"I did have a device in which I could send messages back to my time, but my overseer... long story short, no one ever read them, and I knew that. It was the only way I could share my thoughts though, even if no one saw them. Back home, it's pretty lonely."

I saw a mix of determination and vulnerability full his gaze.

"Then don't go," he pleaded, reaching out to hold my hand. "Stay here with me. You don't have to be lonely anymore."

As much as I wanted to give in to his plea, I knew I couldn't.

"Dan Heng, I can't. There's only a certain amount of grace period in which you can stay in a particular time period, and mine is up. This is the last day."