I never said I did

Neal walked with Jones at the party.

"Undercovers are in position," Jones said over the radio. "Agent Davies is at the south entrance. Agent Westley is..."

"Getting Chad a beer," Neal said, seeing the agent at the bar. Jones sighed and waived for Agent Westley to come over. He had a beer in each hand.

"What are you doing?" Jones asked.

"Chad told me to get him a drink. I'm undercover as his buddy."

"Did he also tell you to double-fist it?" Neal asked.

"No. He said that you need to loosen up." The agent smiled and handed Jones one of the glasses. The man did not take it.

"Come on." Jones steered him around back to the bar. Neal hoped he got the picture.

"Hi, there," a young woman said, coming up to Jones' side. "Chad says you're an FBI agent."

Jones turned to Neal, and they both burst into laughter.

"He's scared of guns," Neal said.

"Yeah," Jones agreed. The young woman lost interest, probably feeling like a fool. The second she left them, Jones' smile left his face. "Okay, it's time to put the fear of God in him."

Neal could not agree more.

"Yeah."

Jones walked up to Chad Stewart and put an arm across his shoulders.

"Hey, Chad."

"I'm not sure how long our cover's gonna last, Peter," Neal said. Peter had heard everything.

"You need to make positive I.D. on our young thief as soon as possible. Stay alert. Who knows what disguise he'll be wearing this time?"

"I'll look for the crooked mustache."

A flaming redhead approached with a bottle and lime.

"Chad says you're into body shots."

So much for the fear of God. If Jones had not succeeded, nothing would.

"I am," he smiled at her.

"Stay on target, Caffrey," he heard Peter in his ear.

"But not tonight. Designated driver. Sorry."

She left, and Neal continued to glance over the assembled.

"I got eyes on a potential Scott."

"Why do you think it's him?" Peter asked.

"He's wearing a suit hoodie."

"I don't even know what that is," Peter sighed. Neal figured it was a hoodie under the suit, more likely. And big headphones. "All right, confirm it's him, then Jones will move in for the arrest."

Neal moved closer. He could hear the music the kid was playing.

"You are in so far over your head, and you have no idea, do you?" he said. The kid glanced at him and pulled off his headphones.

"You say something?"

To Neal's slight annoyance, the kid had blue eyes too.

"No, I was just admiring this bike," he said.

"Sure does look expensive."

"Hundred and twenty grand."

"Damn. Have we met? Uh, I've seen you somewhere."

Neal felt proud that the kid had done his homework, even if he had forgotten where he had seen the face beside him.

"Maybe Chad's party last week?"