1

The atmosphere in Grimmauld Place was quite unpleasant, with pervasive dampness and unpleasant odours

The atmosphere in Grimmauld Place was quite unpleasant, with pervasive dampness and unpleasant odours. The accumulation of dust and grime was evident everywhere as if it had been left to settle for ages. To make matters worse, the portrait of Walburga Black, which wailed incessantly, added to the overall feeling of gloom and despair.

Amelie's favourite part of Grimmauld Place was the expensive alcoholic beverages that resided in the house. Expensive aged whiskeys and wines had become Amelie's new favourite drink. 

"Amelie, must you drink so much?" Harriet sighs fondly. "You already smoke"

"Once you go into a coma for a month, then you can lecture me about drinking,"

"You're not funny," 

"Au contraire Maman, I am the epitome of humour," Amelie raises her glass. "So unless you want me to start banging my head against the wall, I will continue drinking"

"Richard, tell her,"

"He poured me the drink," 

"You little snitch," 

"If I go down, everyone goes down," Amelie raises her glass. "Maman is the iceberg to our Titanic"

As Richard gazes intently at the witch, a sudden burst of amusement overtakes him, causing a snort to escape his lips. The sound of his laughter fills the air, echoing off the walls of the room. Amelie watches him with a grin, leaning back comfortably in her plush chair and savouring the taste of her drink.

"Richard, honestly, you must stop-"

"Nicely played," Sirius murmurs. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Writing to Draco had been hard to conceal from some of the Order Members but Amelie knew she had to write to the boy who held a large piece of her heart. Hermione had helped her find a spell that allowed her to send letters in a way that did not require an owl. 

Amelie signs off her newest letter before dipping the parchment in floo powder. The witch then holds the letter over the candle on her desk, watching as the green flames flicker. With a whisper of the boy's name, the girl tosses the parchment in the air and it vanishes from sight. 

The girl had also found a way to be able to eavesdrop on the Order meetings without getting caught. The plants in the kitchen would whisper to her when she was sitting at the dinner table, telling her every word that had been spoken. She would tell her friends pieces of the conversation but would not divulge all of the details. 

But Amelie had begun to research, using what she knew of the Order meetings, in order to figure out what could possibly be Voldemort's next move. She knew that they were guarding something in the Department of Mysteries but they never actually specified what but it hadn't taken Amelie long to figure it out once Professor Trelawney had been mentioned in the conversation.